party pigs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to hijack the thread or anything:
    I've been using the freshKEGS now for about two months. They're a tad expensive, but worth it IMHO. They require a different filling head and a CO2 filler head. There's a lot of grief saved vs. party pigs, or smaller sankey's with a hand air pump.

I got the 11.3 Liter (2.95 US Gal) kegs for sales from the front of the brewery and to restaurants/bars. Not only that, when I show up at a sales call with one, the manager has no choice but to hear the pitch because I can't just leave the keg behind for them to taste at "their convienience". It's a conversation point.

They wash and fill the same as your regular equipment, save for the fact that you've got to charge them with co2 to about 90-95 PSI with the filling head.

No I'm not the sales guy, just a happy brewer.

Comment

Coors party balls

The brewmaster at that brewery had come from Coors, and essentially brought the pig project with him.
      I used to have a party ball tap; I think it is buried in my garage at home somewhere. If you find one, put it on E-Bay, some collector would love to have one I'm sure. What about those aluminum party pig style kegs that Hamms and Falstaffs used in the 60's? Everyone thought they were so cool, the brewers had a hard time getting them back...I've got one of those somewhere, too.....
      Paul Thomas
      Brewer
      Sockeye Brewing
      www.sockeyebrew.com

Comment

We used Party Pigs in Dublin, Ireland briefly. They were really a pain in the proverbial to fill but served a purpose. Quite admirably, I might add.

In a market of about 85% draft beer with no bottled product yet, they allowed us to make reasonable sales calls, with truly representative product without lugging around larger kegs and dispensing equipment.

Pax.
        Liam McKenna
        www.yellowbellybrewery.com

Comment

one-way keg

Havent used the PIG but you could check out a similar bulk pack alternative at www.ecokeg.com.tw

cheers,
          Attached Files
          Last edited by swiftvin; 06-11-2007, 07:32 PM. Reason: no photo...no one undertsands ecokeg

Comment

Fresh kegs are +$100 each. Pigs are cheap, one way containers. They aren't ment for the micro setting and are waaayyy cheaper and way less of a PITA than filling bottles for instance (by hand on pita, by $ for not unless you are buying glass by the container.)

We don't use them right now, but have in the past. You wouldn't believe the increase in sales $$$'s with these babies. Also, a blown up pig doesn't send out glass like a blown up bottle does!

also the equipment to get into these things is very cheap considering a maheen is about $50K these days....Heck, it's cheaper to get into these things than it is to by cooperage these days.
            Larry Horwitz

Comment

Agreed I have looked at alot of systems buit the pig comes out way in front, if you assess repeatability, ease of use for the consumer, sex appeal (mountain folk love the pig........ when hiking of course) and cost ok they are a bit fiddly but hey what isn't in brewing. I have some mueseum stock that is still pouring and tasting fine after 8 weeks.

Comment

Working...
              X