Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I built a completely automated keg washer for under 1K... any interest out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At this point, I'll take a crappy video. Not saying I wouldn't want a better one. I'm guessing that it's loud. You could always record a video, cut the sound and add a narrate track afterwards. Might be a bit of a hassle, but if you're thinking of selling this thing or plans for this thing, it might be necessary.

You've got a lot of people really interested.

Cheers!

Comment

Three part video here.

Part One: Board & Design

Part Two: Plumbing

Part Three: Keg washing demo (Cycle time: 7.5 mins)

This shows it in it's current form, here is the improvement list. Ultimately, I think the path is to make this a "kit" available to let anyone assemble this with no programming, electrical, etc experience. Included would be the following:

- Board programmed w/ stock cycle
      - Pump power brick with contactors, up to 2 pumps.
      - Motorized ball valves wired for plug & play (easily replaced if they fail in the future, see video)
      - Stainless housing for the electronics, with stainless mounting bracket (not V1's plywood!)
      - Stainless manifold instead of stainless tee's, with up to 10 ports.

Optional:
      Cheap Chinese tablet w/ super basic UI for changing cycle times, running different cycles, etc.

Pumps and the various plumbing would be the responsibility of the end user, with recommendations & length specs whenever appropriate.

Looking forward to hearing feedback.
      Last edited by admin; 10-27-2022, 03:03 PM. Reason: Removed video links to error

Comment

Very cool! wouod it be possible to add two different gases in for purging? When I clean kegs now I purge with compressed air up until the final purge which I do with CO2. Would it also be possible to pressurize the kegs at the end? I pressurize my kegs to 15 psi at the end of the washing cycle. If the washer did. Other of those things I would 100% buy one right now.

Comment

Originally posted by RipRap View Post
          Very cool! wouod it be possible to add two different gases in for purging? When I clean kegs now I purge with compressed air up until the final purge which I do with CO2. Would it also be possible to pressurize the kegs at the end? I pressurize my kegs to 15 psi at the end of the washing cycle. If the washer did. Other of those things I would 100% buy one right now.
          Both easy requests - in v2 it would have two sources of gas (air/c02) as well as an option to close the return after the sanitizer purge so the keg would pressurize to whatever your c02 regulator was set to.

Connor

Comment

Very interested. Please let me know as you roll this out.

Comment

Which Raspberry Pi board did you use?

Comment

Interested as well!

Great idea! Add me to the list!

Comment

Very cool! Please add me to the list. aaron@pedropointbrewing.com

Comment

Interested, info@maduenobrewing.com

Comment

Interested

Interested as well.

Info@tappedapplecider.com

Comment

Count me interested too - would want v2 with blasting/rinsing via Compressed Air throughout, then final purge with Co2 to 12-15psi.

fermentdrinkrepeat@gmail.com

Kevin

Comment

I'd also want v2 with compressed air cycles and final co2 purge.

Info@idiombrewing.com

Comment

Also very interested. Please include me as well artruizyeom@msn.com

Comment

Sent you a PM

--
                              Sean Galie,
                              Lower Forge Brewery (Medford, NJ)
                              Medford, NJ‘s Original Craft Brewery, our beer & hard seltzer made with locally grown malts & ingredients at 14 South Main St.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              --
                              Lower Forge Brewery
                              14 South Main Street
                              Medford, NJ 08055
                              http://www.lowerforge.com

Comment

Awesome keg washer build

About to build a space for my nano brewery and this would be perfect. I am really frustrated with the options out there as it obviously doesn't cost 10k+ for a single keg washer. I'd be willing to buy a prebuilt motherboard or whatever you were considering so count me in. Definitely a big thank you for contributing to our community, maybe more stuff like this will put some pressure on the manufacturers to come out with a few better options or help guys like you develop more sites like electricbrewery.com for the other stuff we all need. Keep it up!

Tom
                                Knothead Brewing

Comment

Working...
                                X