Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I built a completely automated keg washer for under 1K... any interest out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nohandslance View Post
    Has anyone purchased one of these units yet.?
    Results.
    Lance
    Just to clarify
    I built this unit for our own brewery not to make a commercial product for sale.
    I just do things one way
    I'm also pretty proud of how effective it is
    Happy to help where I can

Comment

In the process of looking for a keg washer. Still on the fence if I make one or buy one. Leaning towards saving the money and building one. If you have more information about this (especially V2) I would be interested, thanks

Comment

interested in source code and parts needed

my nano brewery in west NC is looking to add a keg washer. how do I go about getting any documentation you have and source code?

Comment

Originally posted by FermentedMatt View Post
          my nano brewery in west NC is looking to add a keg washer. how do I go about getting any documentation you have and source code?
          I have sent a PM via here, and an email to the OP and no response yet. I am very interested in this as well. If I hear I will let you know and hope you would do the same.

Aaron

Comment

Interested

I'm interested, please send me details. s_19ner@yahoo.com

Thanks!

Comment

Interested!!

Starting a Nano at the end of the month in west central WI. Could use a reasonable keg cleaner that works.

Thanks

Comment

I'm also interested! Steve@Tuebor.beer

Comment

I'm interested please send info to: pat@flashpointbrewingco.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking to upgrade manual system using arduino

I've got a 4 manifold keg washer setup that is completely manual. It does a great job, but takes a lot of dedicated time to manually operate the valves, pump, heater and CO2.

It would be great to automate the process with timed steps and 120 volt solenoid valves. I currently do an initial rinse/purge using internal keg pressure; hot ultra niter acid wash and CO2 purge; hot detergent wash and CO2 purge; warm rinse and CO2 purge; cool peroxyacetic sanitizer, and final CO2 purge. Need to power an in line heater, pump, and paired solenoids (pump from and return to dedicated reservoirs plus CO2 tank) for each cleaning/sanitizing step.

I would love to have a look at your source code, purchase your base control system and share my final setup with the group. I'm on a septic system, so I use a caustic free process that cleans, eliminates beerstone buildup and sanitizes.

Please send info to: cliff@vashonbrewing.com

Comment

A (slightly) overdue response

Hey guys - thanks for the interest here. Apologies in the long lead time for the responses. Here's a brief recap on the last few months.

- Upgraded the pumps to a more permanent solution. As stated earlier in this thread, those Wayne pumps only have a life of a few months before the impellers crack. We went with all-stainless pumps that increase the price of the unit dramatically, but will work for years to come.
                      - We had an electrical issue where the pumps we're doing whacky things to the control board when they were turning off and on. We have since solved this and worked out a better strategy to isolate the controls.
                      - Stainless stand and dedicated vessels for cleaner and santizer
                      - To date, the keg washer has processed thousands of kegs, with no major issues. All of the ball valves are performing as new and none have been changed.

Here are the V2 design implementations where we expect this to become available for sale.

- Sanitary design with tri-clamps
                      - Self-cleaning/rinsing functionality, especially to drain the bays and rinse the pump
                      - Addition of compressed air cycle
                      - Double-duty cycle for
                      - Full access to the source code or a UI for changing keg settings. An andriod tablet control panel would be the next logical step, which is not out of reach for this build.

At this point, this is a winter project - I would expect we're about 4 months away from a kit.

Comment

Just found this thread. Definitely interested.

Definitely interested in seeing source code and what people have done so far.

Comment

Dumb question

...does a machine like this really need two pumps?

I understand that mixing the cleaning solution and the sanitizer is a bad idea. But what if you tweaked the plumbing such that the rinse and purge cycles hit the pump before the kegs? Just to clean out the pump head between cleaning and sanitizing, I understand that the rinse water and purge gas don't need to be pumped.

I know just enough about brewing to know I don't know very much about brewing, so, please don't be afraid to tell me why this is a horrible idea.

Comment

interested

Im interested in the build and in the code if you can share
                            thanks
                            manuel@puercosalvaje.com

Comment

Super Impressed!

We're in start-up mode here in NC and are definitely wanting to build this. We have a PI board now, several fittings, and a sink from our acquisition and just need to fill the build out to match.

My main interest is in the board build. It would save us a TON of time to pick up the parts kit and were wondering on the progress. Will send a PM.

Thanks for your contribution to the community!

Cheers

Comment

Nice build - interested in build one for our shop

Great job and thanks for sharing.

I'm interested in the build and in the code if you can share. We are a nano in Macclenny, FL.
                                Thanks in advance.

Regards,
                                CrookedRoosterBrews@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X