Flow rates for filters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flow rates for filters

We currently use a centrifuge for beer clarification. We do have a little blow by when the unit does a dump so I am looking for a downstream filter.

We are capable of running at around 30GPM flat out and I am having trouble finding specs for flow rates on either lenticular filters or cartridge filters. Any advise out there on which one to run abd how big I need to go?
    Mike Pensinger
    General Manager/Brewmaster
    Parkway Brewing Company
    Salem, VA

I would recommend contacting Scott Labs and letting them know your needs. I have had great experiences with their customer service, fantastic, knowledgeable people. I would maybe start with Maria Peterson, if she doesn't know the answer she will be able to direct you to the person who does.

Comment

We have a Pall 16" 4 stack Lenny. The limit on forward flow is 25 gpm. We have never had a problem with it running at that speed or slightly above. We are changing over from a Velo vertical leaf to a Centrifuge in the next month. Lenny's require lots of water for forward and back flushing, but if you match your pads and size well and take good care of the pads they last a long time.

If anyone is looking for a 7.5 sqmtr upgradable to 10 Velo ours will be up for sale soon.
      Joel Halbleib
      Partner / Zymurgist
      Hive and Barrel Meadery
      6302 Old La Grange Rd
      Crestwood, KY
      www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

Working...
      X