Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CO2 Setup for Carbing Unitank (CO2 line drop from ceiling)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CO2 Setup for Carbing Unitank (CO2 line drop from ceiling)

Hi guys,

About to get brewing our first batch of beer here next week. 10bbl system with 10 and 20bbl unitanks. We have a co2 tank outside the building with lines that run about 100ft to the front of our building for the draft system. They also dropped a line down into the brewhouse as well thats got a simple cap on the end of it for now. I've done some reading as far as carbing unitanks goes, but how should i outfit the co2 line that drops from the ceiling?

I've read about needing a regulator and a flow meter in line to the carb stone. Any thoughts on how I'd set that up and what types to buy? The tank outside obviously has a regulator but that will stay constant for the draft system so i need something to adjust my pressure into the carb stone. Thanks for the help.

Jay
    Southern Swells Brewing
    Jay
    Southern Swells Brewing
    Jacksonville Beach, FL

Your "tank outside" should have a primary regulator set to something around 100 psi. At each point of use, you then need a secondary regulator that will drop the pressure to what you need for that particular station. If the primary regulator is set for your serving pressure, you will not only be limited to that pressure, but will have difficulty moving enough gas to blow down a fermenter.

Do some searching here on the forum--there are many posts on this subject.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by TGTimm View Post
      Your "tank outside" should have a primary regulator set to something around 100 psi. At each point of use, you then need a secondary regulator that will drop the pressure to what you need for that particular station. If the primary regulator is set for your serving pressure, you will not only be limited to that pressure, but will have difficulty moving enough gas to blow down a fermenter.

Do some searching here on the forum--there are many posts on this subject.
      Thanks Timm. Do you happen to have a link to any of those threads? Or suggestions on what to search for? I've looked and found many threads about carbonation and process but not necessarily how it should be fed from our bulk tank and what type of regulator/flow meter i should use. Thanks again.
      Jay
      Southern Swells Brewing
      Jacksonville Beach, FL

Comment

Here's one: http://discussions.probrewer.com/sho...O2-line-sizing

I'll see what else I can dig up.
        Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
        Terminal Gravity Brewing,
        Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...