Foaming Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foaming Issues

My brewery has been open 7 months. For the first 5.5 months I had little to no over foaming at the tap (except for one wild beer). Now I am pouring foam and beer down the drain trying to fill pints. Not sure what changed. Cold room is 36 degrees. I have a small chiller on the lines that leave cold room and go to the tower. My question is, who would you call in to fix the problem? A draft system installer/troubleshooter? A CO2 installer/troubleshooter? Or is there something I am missing here? Thanks in advance for any help!!!
    Cheers
    Bruce
    OpenRoad Brewery
    Wayland, MI

Do you check the carbonation on your kegs or just go by what the tank head pressure would be? When did you last clean your lines? Do you have the proper co2 pressure or blend and pressure if it is a long draw system? Who designed your current system, they should be the ones to trouble shoot it. All that said, is there really no one at your brewery that understands draft systems? It is crucial to the presentation of the beer and the support to your customers to be able to solve any problems with draft systems or to at least run through everything and tell them what the problem is.

Comment

Originally posted by Dailybrewz View Post
      My brewery has been open 7 months. For the first 5.5 months I had little to no over foaming at the tap (except for one wild beer). Now I am pouring foam and beer down the drain trying to fill pints. Not sure what changed. Cold room is 36 degrees. I have a small chiller on the lines that leave cold room and go to the tower. My question is, who would you call in to fix the problem? A draft system installer/troubleshooter? A CO2 installer/troubleshooter? Or is there something I am missing here? Thanks in advance for any help!!!
      Cheers
      Bruce
      OpenRoad Brewery
      Wayland, MI
      Hey Bruce! Looks like things are going well for you over in Wayland. Are you guys checking volumes of CO2 with a Zahm or similar device?

Comment

Fixed

Thanks for the feedback. I had West Michigan Beverage look at the problem. Great guys, by the way! They found a hot spot in my supply line and also added smaller restrictor lines. I also decided to go with blended gas. Everything is pouring perfect!

Comment

Working...
        X