Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 barrel

Originally posted by RipRap View Post
    I run a 3bbl nano. I have some hard piping on the wort side which is all 1". Most of my transfer hoses are 1/2" and I use one 3/4" silicone hose for the inlet side of my pump. I use the march "nano" AC-5 pump which is the same as the Chugger MAX pump. My spare pump is a small chugger pump (same as march 809). I use a ball valve on the outlet of that pump to regulate flow.

For cleaning I use that same AC-5 pump and 1" hoses which is the minimum that is required to turn a spray ball in my brite and fermenters.

Hope this helps and good luck.
    Yes this is great information, also above recommendations are great aswell.

Comment

Here ya go......

I'm really sorry for how long it turned out. Crack a beer, and maybe bring a second one along...... I guess I've forgotten just how much I've learned over the past 2 years....I got a lot to say!!!

Look forward to your comments and suggestions....

-Jer.
      Jeremy Reed
      Co-Founder and President, assistant brewer, amateur electrician, plumber, welder, refrigeration tech, and intermediately swell fella
      The North of 48 Brewing Company
      Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

www.no48.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Jer View Post
        Here ya go......

I'm really sorry for how long it turned out. Crack a beer, and maybe bring a second one along...... I guess I've forgotten just how much I've learned over the past 2 years....I got a lot to say!!!

Look forward to your comments and suggestions....

-Jer.
        That was very impressive, you have everything covered and your passion shows it. Hopefully we can stay connected so I can show you how it's going and get your thoughts. Would be interested in seeing your updates in the future, again very nice setup.

Regards
        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Glousterbrewing View Post
          That was very impressive, you have everything covered and your passion shows it. Hopefully we can stay connected so I can show you how it's going and get your thoughts. Would be interested in seeing your updates in the future, again very nice setup.

Regards
          Mark
          Appreciate the compliments.... happy to show our other stuff over then next bit. My CIP pump is off for a wee repair (seal gone) right now, but once I get it back on I'll do a vid of it.....

-J.
          Jeremy Reed
          Co-Founder and President, assistant brewer, amateur electrician, plumber, welder, refrigeration tech, and intermediately swell fella

www.no48.ca

Comment

Originally posted by Jer View Post
            Appreciate the compliments.... happy to show our other stuff over then next bit. My CIP pump is off for a wee repair (seal gone) right now, but once I get it back on I'll do a vid of it.....

-J.
            Could you provide information on your gris setup, the cone on top, did you have it built

Comment

Could you provide information on your gris setup, the cone on top, did you have it built
              I did. It's just stainless sheet metal rolled to a 60degree cone that is then press/wedge fit into the funnel/hopper that came with the grist hydrator from glacier tanks. I can pull it apart and shoot some pics later if you'd like....

I sized it to be just bigger than the largest grain bill i would ever use with the 1BBL brewhouse.

I also had my mill made up with a 4" triclamp receptor on it so the same hopper can be used for the mill.....

Maybe Mark could craft one up for you in his stainless shop!!???

It's this, but with a 4" butterfly valve between the hopper and the hydrator to allow metering.

A grist hydrator sits atop a mash tun and is used to rapidly hydrate the milled malt and adjuncts, as they are fed into the tun and mixed with hot, or sometimes cold, water. Get a new Grist Hydrator - Tri Clamp 1.5 inch - SS304 from Glacier Tanks, your neighborhood brewing expert. Talk to us! Brew with us! Share with us!

-J.
              Jeremy Reed

www.no48.ca

Comment

pump

Yes this is great information, also above recommendations are great aswell.
                look up user johnnymax. he's got all kinds of DIY stuff for small nanos. with regards to pumps- he was using the jet05 pump from st pats of texas. its cheap ($300 us) all triclamp/sanitary, and appears to have some decent power (he had 10bbl tanks i think). the only issue is that it says its only rated to 150F, but he said he's used them with no issues on the hotside. i think he changed the seal once in like two years. good enough for me.

as for a CIP pump, i'd advise to just buy a separate one. i picked up a good pump and motor off ebay for $150US, then spent another $50 for stainless adapters to go from threads (pump head) to 1.5/ 2" TC so my brewers hose clamps right up to pump. since its not totally sanitary i only use it for CIP, but its 3phase and powerful, and man those spray balls are going crazy. i dial back power with a $160 VFD from automationdirect.com. all told, a badass 3phase CIP pump for under $400.

Comment

Working...
                X