Floor for bottling line room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor for bottling line room

I know most, if not all, of this has been covered before, but my search-fu is not strong here.

We're building a new addition to house our expanded bottling line. There will be no trub nor yeast slurry, just water and product spills to deal with. We will be using a forlklift and pallet jacks on the floor.

I've heard recommendations to slope the floor to the trench drain between 1 and 2%. 2% is 1/4"/foot, which seems excessive and makes leveling equipment a PITA. Without slurry and trub, is 1% enough?

What are the best bang-for-the-buck prefab trench drains? Our drains in our current buildings are just cast into the concrete, and we won't be doing that again!

Is it worth the time and money for a sealed (epoxy, PU, etc) floor for this purpose? What's the best way to go, considering the forklift and pallet jack traffic?
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Obvious not having a clue how big the operation is, this may not be practical. However, if you are able to, bunded areas for the wet side, e.g. rinser, filler, conveyors up to labeller, with urethane resin finish and steep falls, and the rest in smooth concrete to allow FLT traffic.
    dick

Comment

Floors and Drians

I would love to help you guys out.

Feel free to call, Text me or email me

Chris Klein 541-510-1080
      Chris@cascadefloors.com
      Chris Klein
      Cell 541-510-1080
      Office (503) 769-6823
      WWW.CASCADEFLOORS.COM
      chris@cascadefloors.com