8 months and counting for TTB Approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8 months and counting for TTB Approval

Anyone having difficulty getting approval from TTB? I submitted mine in June of last year. No good news or bad news. The wait time was 150 days when I submitted. I did not attempt to contact until after the 150 days was up per the website. When I did finally reach someone after the 150 days I was told they would get to it when they could. No luck getting a human being to speak to since that time or responses to any of my email requests. This is getting ridiculous. I have reached out to my US Senator for help but they are having issues getting any sort of formal response as well. I talked to a couple of other local breweries who said theirs was 6-7 months.

UPDATE - The case was reassigned and approved after I answered 4 or 5 questions. Getting your state/federal officials involved does work.
    Last edited by Gbc75; 03-13-2017, 06:57 AM. Reason: Final Approval UPDATED

We applied in November last year, nothing so far, but I'll be happy to post here if we hear anything soon. Our plan and ownership structure is extremely simple, so we're hoping that plays in our favor.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

We are a 2 bbl, 2 person LLC. We applied in March 2016 and got approved in late November. 241 days. Our assigned agent never responded to a single phone message. We had to contact one of our US Senators. Apparently the TTB has to respond to a senate inquiry within 30 days. Two days after our Senator's office contacted them we were approved.
      Last edited by fatback; 03-11-2017, 04:48 AM.

Comment

We also contacted our US Senator, explaining how difficult TTB delays were making it on small businesses.
        Within 2 days we had a letter in the mail from that Senator's office, saying they'd contacted TTB on our behalf, and our approval came within a week of that, which was more or less right at 90 days from filing.

Comment

What is it looking like right now for a Brewer's Notice approval?

Comment

We applied late November or early December, got our approval about 3 weeks ago.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

I applied on 3/6/17 and got my approval today. That's a total of 69 days. I did not get anyone involved like others have said to do, I just filed and waited.
              Last edited by ManfishBrewing; 05-15-2017, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Manfish, did you use an attorney to apply, or did you happen to complete the application and submit on your own? Also, did you complete the state application first, or simultaneously? Any info is appreciated as I am about to start the process.
                Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by terwell View Post
                  Manfish, did you use an attorney to apply, or did you happen to complete the application and submit on your own? Also, did you complete the state application first, or simultaneously? Any info is appreciated as I am about to start the process.
                  Thanks,
                  I did not use an attorney, I completed and submitted the application on my own. I submitted it on 3/6/17, got an email asking for a little more info on 5/3/17. I submitted that info at 1:19pm PST on 5/13/17 and at 2:57pm PST on that same day I got an email saying my application had been approved.

As for the State application, I just submitted it this past Sunday. I was not expecting to get the TTB approval so fast. I was expecting it somewhere around September as when I submitted my application it was saying the average time was 178 days for approval. Since the State process usually takes about 60 days, and you have to have TTB approval for it to be finalized, I had planned to wait. Whoops!
                  Last edited by ManfishBrewing; 05-20-2017, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X