Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for restaurant experience

Hello board,

I'm daydreaming about opening a brewpub with a very simple/elegant restaurant concept. Although I worked in brewpubs and a brewery for the last 9 years, I have to admit that I need help with the food side.

Can anyone suggest how I can locate someone to startup/manage the kitchen in the NY/NJ/PA area? Ideally, I'd like to find a partner with capital to invest although that is not paramount.

Is there a Prorestaurant.com out there?

Thanks in advance for any insights.

TOL

The closest thing that I can think of is restaurantowner.com . It's a subscription-based web site, but I personally think it has a lot of great information. Forums are a little lean because of the pay-to-play model, but otherwise, I think it's worth it.

You get a nice bi-monthly magazine mailed to you once you subscribe.

Hope this helps...and good luck!

Comment

You can go on to register for the Restaurants&Institutions newsletter for free. News Trends and recipes of great merit. Once there was a discussion board but it vanished and hoping it will return.

Comment

Looking for a Chef

I've gone through a similar experience. I've worked in brewpubs for a while, and I am in the process of starting up my own brewpub. Here's what I did to find a chef:
        - Approached former chefs that I have worked with
        - Posted on the jobs board of a nearby culinary arts school (in Pasadena)
        - Posted on craigslist, and followed up with interviews
        - Get the word out. Talk to friends, and other chefs you may know, and ask for a reference.
        - I'm a bit of a chef groupie, following where the 'name' chefs go from place to place. This is done by reading foodie magazines, or even the food section of local 'zines (like Los Angeles magazine).

The chef I plan to hire (once fundraising is complete) met with my partner and I through the craigslist posting.

Cheers,
        --Jake Tringali

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Food purveyors

Other possibility is to call your local Sysco or US Foodservice office and get in contact with your local representative.
            They have a daily contact with the market, know a lot of chef's and food and beverage managers, can give you advice and will help you because you might become their future customer.

My two cents

BelgianBrewer
            Last edited by BelgianBrewer; 04-05-2008, 01:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X