Modifying bottling line for beer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modifying bottling line for beer

Hey guys, my brewery has been given access to a bottling line owned by an associate who packages pre-mix cocktails and sparkling wine.

The machine was custom built for him by a competent engineer who ostensibly should be able to fully modify the machine for double pre-evac, capping, etc.

Assuming the cost isn't ridiculous, what do you guys think about such a modification?

I've got a video here of a dry run we recorded.
    Last edited by whm3223; 03-13-2017, 02:30 PM.

I always get leery of prototypes. Comparing the Maheen's I used to this video visually the fill tubes look much larger which may impact your foaming. Comparing it to some of the more manual / home made one's I've seen it looks cleaner and faster. What is unknown is from the video is fill level consistency. Double evac is great but you really want your line to have good fill levels unless you're doing neck labels. If the price is comparable to a new canning line or a bottling line from an established maker that's where I'd spend my money. If you can do a test run, either at your place or by bringing a batch over then I'd really want to do that before I committed. Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

Comment

Working...
    X