Canning materials costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canning materials costs

Hello I am trying to plan a brewery in the DC Baltimore metro and need information to estimate the costs of packaging materials for canning beer.
    After searching the probrewer forums and other sources diligently I have not found what believe to be adequate information on the packaging costs of canning beer. The best I've found so far is from this threadhttp://discussions.probrewer.com/sho...ging-Materials estimating that a case of cans cost around $3.18 (I am assuming this means 24 12 oz cans totaling 288 oz).
    Would anyone be willing to help me estimate how much it would be to produce 24 pack of 12 oz cans or 18 pack of 16 oz cans including the cost cans themselves, plastic ring holders, and cardboard packaging? I would like to have the cans "naked" so that the only cardboard used is the hold each case of beer.

I know that this will vary based in how many materials I purchase at once, a useful ballpark number for me would be 100,000 cans and cardboard for 4167 cases.

Thank you for your time
    Last edited by Quixotic; 03-14-2017, 01:43 PM.

Originally posted by Quixotic View Post
    Hello I am trying to plan a brewery in the DC Baltimore metro and need information to estimate the costs of packaging materials for canning beer.
    After searching the probrewer forums and other sources diligently I have not found what believe to be adequate information on the packaging costs of canning beer. The best I've found so far is from this threadhttp://discussions.probrewer.com/sho...ging-Materials estimating that a case of cans cost around $3.18 (I am assuming this means 24 12 oz cans totaling 288 oz).
    Would anyone be willing to help me estimate how much it would be to produce 24 pack of 12 oz cans or 18 pack of 16 oz cans including the cost cans themselves, plastic ring holders, and cardboard packaging? I would like to have the cans "naked" so that the only cardboard used is the hold each case of beer.

I know that this will vary based in how many materials I purchase at once, a useful ballpark number for me would be 100,000 cans and cardboard for 4167 cases.

Thank you for your time
    I'd be happy to help you. send me an email billh@americanbeerequipment.com I have a 12 oz canning line, I use PakTech holders and cardboard trays. I used to get silk screened cans but now I get blanks. There's a lot to your question which is better answered on the phone. Cheers

Comment

Working...
    X