Thinking about getting started in the industry? There is a lot you should work on before you fill out the Brewers Notification form. This workshop is designed to give you information about startin up and things to consider from industry experts.
We'll cover the following areas:
1. The marketplace - a view from leading off premise business owner dedicated to the craft market.
2. Startup forms - an overview of the process and forms needed. Tips for success in the town you choose for your business.
3. Key points from a legal perspective - Trademark filings, Intellectual property ownership and key employee contracts, business types and more.
4. Insurance - Types of insurance and the benefits of industry specific insurance providers.
5. Starting up - Building a business plan, the difference between buying right versus buying twice, heat sources (electric, direct fire and steam), used versus new.
Bill Herlicka - Facilitator and speaker. Founder & Brewer at White Birch Brewing, NH's first Nano brewery founded in 2009 and New England Sales specialist for American Beer Equipment
Bert Bingle - Owner of Bert's Better Beers, perennial award winning craft beer, cider and mead store
Emily Bolton - Associate Attorney at Cook Little Rosenblatt & Manson p.l.l.c.
James Sanborn - Account Executive GHM Insurance
Lunch buffet will be provided as part of the ticket price.