Neck Label Application Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Label Application Problems

We have a two station rotary labeling machine, made by Comen in Italy (similar to this one goo.gl/BrB117) , which at some stage has been retrofitted with an additional head for applying neck labels.

While we sometimes get this to work, it is a real pain to get right, and we struggle to get consistent application across the entire bottling run. No one here has used a neck labeler before, so whilst we have set it up in a way that 'sometimes' works.. this may not be the best way for it to work.

There is no manual or guidance to the machine, and the original manufacturer is non existent. Unfortunately Im not in a position to replace this machine right now.

is anyone able to post some photos / video / manual guidance on how their neck labelers are setup? i appreciate you are unlikely to have the same system, but if I understand how other systems are working I may be able to extrapolate this to our setup.

Hoping someone can help

Many Thanks

Ben

Sorry, I don't have much help, but years ago I used to work (regularly) on an Italian cold glue labeler in a winery. No photos, but as I recall, the neck labeler was mounted directly above the front labeler, and they were applied at the same time. The glue applicator was tall enough for both stacks of labels (meaning the machine was designed to apply both). You had to adjust the rack of labels so the glue would be applied evenly, and the grippers that peeled the label off the glue applicator had a separate adjustment. The biggest problems with that machine were due to the gazillions of bottles that had been run through it, and keeping it in good mechanical condition. When labels moved after application, it was usually one of the gripper fingers were not tight on the label, allowing it to shift slightly when the bottle touched it, or the brush that followed the labeler was misadjusted. Like most wineries, they were super picky about the label appearance and alignment, but later when they replaced the rest of the line, they kept that Italian labeler.

I assume your neck labeler is mounted in this way, right? And gets glue from the same applicator and at the same time as the front label? Where does the problem occur?

Regards,
    Mike Sharp

Comment

Working...
    X