African brewery seeking Head Brewer. RARE OPPORTUNITY!
The brewery is located in Guinea Bissau and it is the only brewery in the country, so you will be brewing the national beer.
The brewery features a 100 bbl brewhouse and a kegging line, we currently don't bottle the beer but a 6000 bottles/h bottling line will come in the near future. We also have a fully equipped lab with a lab technician to make all sort of cultures, analysis and tests. Ah! we also have a cO2 recovery plant which is great.
You will be managing a team of 27 workers together with the director of brewing, so we are looking for a team player, with leadership skills.
What we will expect from you:
- At least 2 years experience in the brewing industry, any sort of Brewing degree is an advantage but not essential, we value more experience.
- You must be able to plan 4-5 months ahead as spare parts and ingredients can take a long time to get here.
- As you will be working with the director of brewing, you also will keep track of keg production and sales, so proficiency in excel is desirable.
- This is Africa, we have to face some sort challenge every day, so you must have good problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Spanish or Portuguese are desirable, as this is a Portuguese speaking country.
- Our employees are very good at what they do, they know their duties very well, but you will be able to organize and monitor their work.
- Also you may be required to travel occasionally to Equatorial Guinea to work in our other brewery.
It is a rare opportunity to be able to manage a brewery this size, so this position would suit a recent graduate with a sense of adventure or a seasoned brewer willing to try the joys of brewing in Africa. We have many challenges coming upfront, the new bottling line, developing a new premium beer, and expanding to a new huge facility, so if you want to gain some invaluable experience, this is the position you've been looking for.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary package
- 500$/month in local currency for living expenses
- Accommodation with housekeeping service (you will not have to worry about laundry, cleaning or cooking)
- 45 days of paid holiday per year flights included (depending on where you are based, you can split those 45 days in up to 3 different trips)
So if you are interested please send me a personal message.
Originally Posted by Saccharomyces
My name is Oladapo Loto from Nigeria. I have very long years of Brewing experience in Nigeria. I'm highly interested. You can reach me on Oladapo.firstname.lastname@example.org
Sent from my F2 using Tapatalk
how can I apply for the job you offer in Guinea-Bissau? Please give me your eMail address and I'll send you my CV and certificates.