Part-time Cellar Position at Red Dragon Brewery - Fredericksburg, VA
Part-time Cellar Person (up to 20 hours per week)
Red Dragon Brewery is a rapidly growing brewery in Fredericksburg, VA. We are looking for a cellar person to assist our head brewer. Duties of this position include cleaning/sanitizing (tanks, equipment, and kegs), transferring beer between tanks, keg filling, general cleaning and supporting the brewer with other tasks as needed. You will be working with hazardous chemicals in a wet environment. The candidate must have general brewing knowledge but we will train in our processes and procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties Include:
• Ability to follow directions and Standard Operating Procedures
• Cleaning/Sanitation (CIP) of fermentation and brite tanks
• Cleaning/Sanitation of kegs
• Transfer beer between tanks and filling kegs
Skills and Abilities
• Willingness to learn
• Follow SOP’s
• Attention to detail
• Create\elaborate on SOP’s
• Must be a self-starter with a positive attitude
• Mechanical aptitude
• Maintain good records
• Ability to work on your feet; standing and/or walking up to 8 hours a day.
• Ability to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and climb.
• Ability to frequently reach with hands and arms. Use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
• Ability to frequently lift and move up to 60 pounds
• Ability to occasionally lift and maneuver a keg (170 lbs)
• Safely handle chemicals
If you are interested in this position, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “Cellar Position” in the subject line.