CrossRoads Brewing - Prince George, BC - Canada- Assistant Brewer
Position Posting: Brewers Assistant
Position Type: Full-time, Permanent
Compensation: Competitive wage based on skills and experience
Place: Prince George, BC
Posting Close: Open until filled
Please apply by emailing a detailed resume and cover letter to email@example.com with subject line “Brewers Assistant position”
CrossRoads is a new craft brewery (and future distillery) that recently opened in March 2017 in downtown Prince George. We are making a variety of beers that we love to drink and our brewery tap room is a place where people come to meet and experience our passion for craft beer.
Prince George (agglomerated pop. 88,043) is a family-friendly small city that features the region’s major shopping, services and is home to a university and college. It’s an affordable place to live, own a home, escape the traffic, and connect with people. Check out: www.moveupprincegeorge.ca The brewery name references the city’s location at the geographical centre of the province, the convergence of the Nechako and Fraser rivers, the intersection of highways 16 and 97 and the crossing of the railway. Learn more about us at www.crossroadscraft.com
The Brewers Assistant position is a flexible “jack-of-all-trades” role that reports to the Head Brewer. With a keen interest to continuously learn, the role assists in all aspects of beer production, packaging, cleaning, inventory, equipment fixes, deliveries and supporting other parts of the business as necessary. The role assists in making great beer and meticulously maintaining product quality and consistency. We want an enthusiastic, hardworking person, who has a positive attitude and is physically fit to work in a small brewery.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in all aspects of manufacturing and packaging (cleaning, kegging etc.)
• Supports in the meticulously sanitation / cleaning of brewery equipment and area
• Detailed record keeping and quality control reporting
• Regular cleaning of tap room beer lines
• Assist in maintaining inventories of raw and finished goods
• Assist to develop and refine Standard Operating Procedures
• Actively contribute to maintaining a safe manufacturing environment
• Controls costs by minimizing waste, and continuously looking for opportunities to improve
• Provides exceptional customer service while adhering to company culture and policies
• Participate in a productive team environment, having a positive and 'can-do' attitude.
• Participates in festivals and promotional events
• Sales support including deliveries and engagement with restaurants, pubs and liquor stores
• Has a passion for great beer, beer culture and championing our products
• Provides public tours, education, tastings and interaction with brewery guests
• Work flexible schedules including evenings and weekends as production demands
• Other duties as dictated by requirements
Qualifications and Experience
• Ideally prior experience in brewing setting such as a brewpub or production craft brewery
• Ability to work independently, be a self-motivator, think critically and react to change swiftly.
• Ability to work safely with chemicals and other manufacturing hazards
• Has energetic and dynamic personality, with experience working in fast-paced environment
• Post-secondary brewing education preferred but not required
• Demonstrable passion for craft beer
• Formal sensory and brewing training is an asset
• Experience with cellar and packaging operations including tanks, CIP and transfers is an asset
• Mechanical aptitude to provide basic brewery equipment troubleshooting and repair is an asset
• Ability to follow operating procedures, and meticulously document and maintain records
• Strong ability to multi-task
• Must have a valid driver’s license, and ability to travel overnight and in variable seasonal conditions across the north
Important Note: Candidates must have valid work rights in Canada, including having a valid SIN.
This job is physically demanding, requiring endurance to work on foot for extended periods of time, performing physical acts such as bending over, twisting, kneeling and climbing stairs. The role requires lifting heavy 55 pounds objects on a regular basis and maneuvering 160 pounds repeatedly. The individual must be able to work in a manufacturing environment with water, humidity, steam, heat and hazardous cleaning materials.