My keg washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My keg washer

Finished command panel case for my DIY keg washer.
    now it's done
    Simple arduino PLC, No pneumatic, operator need to connect heads to kegs and to post kegs upside down on the 'table'.
    In this setup with plastic tubing and solenoids, is just washer but I have a idea about upgrade to washer filler station.
    Now have 3 programs of washing cycle and filling part is next thing to do.
    You can see on front panel display what is on, at that moment, I just need to change to english :-)

First program is full washing, (decompression beer out, h20, air, caustic, h2o, air, sanitizer, co2 rinse, co2 fill)
    second program just rinsing ( decompression beer out, h20, air)
    and third is just decompression (beer out)

4th program will be filling but not at the moment, plan is that filling will be an upgrade.

easy can change and make other cycle just have no idea whats on factory build washers? any idea?

Can wash up to 4 kegs in 7min cycle depending of pump and tubing dia.
    Last edited by SVR; 03-22-2017, 11:49 PM.

Nice work!!

How about a video of it in action??
    Jeremy Reed
    Co-Founder and President, assistant brewer, amateur electrician, plumber, welder, refrigeration tech, and intermediately swell fella
    The North of 48 Brewing Company
    Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

www.no48.ca

Comment

Need to change language for display, expect nest week to solve that and to post

Comment

Very cool project! Would you be willing to share the code you used?

Comment

I didn't write code, and I have only code uploaded into Mega, read somewhere that is impossible to download code once uploaded to Arduino.
          Need to change solenoids for 3/4" ,now I use 1/2".
          I was talking to programmer and I belive that I would be able to offer control unit, completely assambled and in case, where you need to finish
          tubing with solenoids,
          some type of stand
          and 2 or 3 tanks for washing liquids depanding do you have city hot water or need to heat water for washing.

Normally I wouldn't bother with this, but need founds for glicol chiller and fermenters, only bought 3 wessels for hot part :-(

Unfortunatly my system is donne with PVC piping and I have plans to add keg filling to system, then I have all in one place and don't need to move kegs for filling, but thats next upgrade to system easier donne into code (as programmer assures me) than in tubing , I need stainless pipes and solenoids

Comment

Working...
          X