Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAI 3003A "Wrong Applied Voltage" warning???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAI 3003A "Wrong Applied Voltage" warning???????

I'm getting this message on the touch-screen. It's happened before, and restarting the machine cleared it. This time, it didn't. I tried several times, no go. I checked the voltages between all three poles and to ground and we're fine. I checked my recording 3-P motor saver, and it shows no faults.

Help!
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Drawing a blank on this one. I wonder if it's lost it's configuration, or defaulted to factory settings. Does the controller have a settings screen where you can look to see what it's programmed for? I'm thinking maybe it's defaulted to 380V or something Italian like that.

Since the mains voltage is OK, you'd have to assume the problem is internal. E.g. a bad connection or relay with burned contacts. Does the controller read the input voltage directly, or does it get that from a VFD? Do you have a wiring diagram/schematic for it?

Regards,
    Mike

Comment

Thanks, Mike.

I still have no idea what the problem was, but it's fixed for now. I tried resetting the three motor protectors in the back of the panel, no good. I then opened the front of the panel, turned the power on, and started flipping breakers, even 'though none were obviously popped. Somehow, this seems to have fixed it, or it was just one more re-boot that did the trick.

The machine has given us the this code several times in the last few months, but re-starting usually fixes it.
      Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
      Terminal Gravity Brewing,
      Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Originally posted by TGTimm View Post
        [...] started flipping breakers, even 'though none were obviously popped. Somehow, this seems to have fixed it [...]
        Glad its fixed!

Sometimes a 3 pole breaker will have a single phase trip, but it won't trip the bridged handle all the way, so it looks un-tripped. But usually the Euro ones are magnetic (at least back in the day), and if one leg trips, they all go.

If it does it again, you might check the secondary (load) side of all the breakers before resetting them.

Mike

Comment

Working...
        X