Sanitary weld opinions needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ascension View Post
    I'm not attempting it myself, nor did the original weld, I was just trying to clean it up a little. I understand that this is unacceptable in the commercial setting and not the proper way to "fix" anything, but we're still going to use it outside of that. I will be sourcing a professional to weld on the kettles that we'll actually be using commercially so that it is done correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know, just being sassy. My point is just that to fill those pits you have to get the metal flowing.

-J.
    Jeremy Reed
    Co-Founder and President, assistant brewer, amateur electrician, plumber, welder, refrigeration tech, and intermediately swell fella
    The North of 48 Brewing Company
    Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

www.no48.ca

Comment

Gotcha. I do appreciate the input. I went to Harbor Freight and got a pack of the polishing discs and hit it with those just to dress it up. Looks a lot better, if anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ascension View Post
        Gotcha. I do appreciate the input. I went to Harbor Freight and got a pack of the polishing discs and hit it with those just to dress it up. Looks a lot better, if anything.

If the welding interests you, go for it. It's been about 13 months for me and I'm pretty functional now. I have a millermatic 200 with the TIG kit, and it's a pretty good little machine.
        Jeremy Reed
        Co-Founder and President, assistant brewer, amateur electrician, plumber, welder, refrigeration tech, and intermediately swell fella
        The North of 48 Brewing Company
        Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

www.no48.ca

Comment

Working...
        X