Can I legally make soda?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I legally make soda?

With a type 23 license can we produce non-alcoholic beverages? Can we sell them in our tap room? Can we sell them wholesale?

Where can I find info about this?

Thanks for any help.

__
    Kushal Hall
    Common Space Brewery
    Hawthorne, CA
    __
    Kushal Hall
    Common Space Brewery
    Hawthorne, CA

Hi Kushal,

We are a type 23 in CA, that being said we are a state licensed food manufacturing facility, I am sure you must be too. When we first opened I was making draft soda. I don't see why you couldn't do it.

Cheers,

Rich DeLano
    rich@thebrewinglair.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rooh View Post
      Hi Kushal,

We are a type 23 in CA, that being said we are a state licensed food manufacturing facility, I am sure you must be too. When we first opened I was making draft soda. I don't see why you couldn't do it.

Cheers,

Rich DeLano
      rich@thebrewinglair.com
      Rooh,
      Where can I find this information? I see nothing about it in the ABCs definition of a 23.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
      __
      Kushal Hall
      Common Space Brewery
      Hawthorne, CA

Comment

I'm pretty sure that to sell soda - at least outside of a taproom you need an additional license for making nonalcoholic beverages. I'm sure it varies from state to state as well. I'm sure the state/fed wants to know where its coming from at the very least.
        That being said I know plenty of taprooms throughout CA that have a house made soda on tap and don't have any extra licensing.
        Manuel

Comment

Working...
        X