Easy/Cost-Effective way to get kegs from dock height to cargo van height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy/Cost-Effective way to get kegs from dock height to cargo van height

We have a distributor for most of our sales area however there are a few spots where we self distribute to. The volume being sent out the door for this amount could easily be covered by a 'mini-van height' cargo van, a true dock height box truck would be overkill.

We have found some great sprinter type cargo vans in our area but are trying to figure out the best way to get kegs from the dock height to the van height without breaking the bank or our backs.

Brian

Hi Brian,

We use sprinter vans for our deliveries. We use wooden ramps and a hand truck to get in and out of the van. We bought insta ramp metal brackets that attach to 2x10s. My wife, 5'2", is able to load and unload kegs no problem. I might even have an extra set of the brackets if you are interested.

Cheers,

Rich DeLano
    rich@thebrewinglair.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rooh View Post
      Hi Brian,

We use sprinter vans for our deliveries. We use wooden ramps and a hand truck to get in and out of the van. We bought insta ramp metal brackets that attach to 2x10s. My wife, 5'2", is able to load and unload kegs no problem. I might even have an extra set of the brackets if you are interested.

Cheers,

Rich DeLano
      rich@thebrewinglair.com

Any chance you have a picture of this setup in action?

Comment

Hi Brian,

Send me an email or text and I will send you a picture when my wife returns from today's delivery.

Cheers,

Rich
        rich@thebrewinglair.com
        530-394-0679

Comment

How long are your ramps?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X