Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floor saga - and a couple of questions for the experts (or anyone with an opinion!)..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor saga - and a couple of questions for the experts (or anyone with an opinion!)..

We are opening a new brewery (in NSW, Australia) in an old building

We got engineers reports, dug up the slab, poured reinforcing piers, relaid the slab and got the fall on the floor to the floor drains all sorted.
    The brand new slab then had ample time to dry before it was sealed.

After a lot of research I specified Flowcrete Flowfresh SR in my contract with the builder (who subcontracted out the floor sealing)

Well, the guy who did the floor 1) used Sika purchem 21 instead of Flowfresh SR and 2) did a very poor job of installing both the flooring and the coving. He also used standard 1mm sand as the non slip.

We are currently discussing options with the builder in relation to:

1. product - do we totally pull up the sika product and make them install flowfresh. I understand that this would be a real nightmare because of the strength of the bond to the concrete slab (although technically we are perfectly within our rights to make them do this)

2. mix products - the subcontractor has suggested leaving the sika base layers down, just grinding back the top coat and replacing it, either with a better installation of Sika purchem or with flowfresh. I'm not keen on mixing products (i.e. Sika base layers, flowfresh top layer) as I have no idea what that does to warranty.....

3. aggregate - I've had someone else tell me that the sand used will crush quickly under the weight of a forklift and that they should have used either granite or aluminium bauxite for the non slip - does anyone have any experience with this ?

Currently i'm leaning towards grinding back the top layer, having sika purchem reapplied and having them use granite or bauxite as the non slip but I would really appreciate any more experienced views !!!!!

Thanks
    David

Re: Floor saga

Hi David,

Thank you for bringing this issue to the attention of Flowcrete Americas.

Flowcrete's New South Wales Sales Manager, Tony Di Girolamo, has been notified of this issue and will email you to address your concerns.

Thank you,
    Flowcrete Americas
    amerweb@flowcrete.com

Originally posted by durham70 View Post
    We are opening a new brewery (in NSW, Australia) in an old building

We got engineers reports, dug up the slab, poured reinforcing piers, relaid the slab and got the fall on the floor to the floor drains all sorted.
    The brand new slab then had ample time to dry before it was sealed.

After a lot of research I specified Flowcrete Flowfresh SR in my contract with the builder (who subcontracted out the floor sealing)

Well, the guy who did the floor 1) used Sika purchem 21 instead of Flowfresh SR and 2) did a very poor job of installing both the flooring and the coving. He also used standard 1mm sand as the non slip.

We are currently discussing options with the builder in relation to:

1. product - do we totally pull up the sika product and make them install flowfresh. I understand that this would be a real nightmare because of the strength of the bond to the concrete slab (although technically we are perfectly within our rights to make them do this)

2. mix products - the subcontractor has suggested leaving the sika base layers down, just grinding back the top coat and replacing it, either with a better installation of Sika purchem or with flowfresh. I'm not keen on mixing products (i.e. Sika base layers, flowfresh top layer) as I have no idea what that does to warranty.....

3. aggregate - I've had someone else tell me that the sand used will crush quickly under the weight of a forklift and that they should have used either granite or aluminium bauxite for the non slip - does anyone have any experience with this ?

Currently i'm leaning towards grinding back the top layer, having sika purchem reapplied and having them use granite or bauxite as the non slip but I would really appreciate any more experienced views !!!!!

Thanks
    David

Comment

Feel free to call or email me. Would love to lend a hand. We travel all over fixing and installing floors.

Wouldn't mind at all.

CHEERS

Chris Klein 541-510-1080 cell
      chris@cascadefloors.com
      Chris Klein
      Cell 541-510-1080
      Office (503) 769-6823
      WWW.CASCADEFLOORS.COM
      chris@cascadefloors.com

Comment

Originally posted by FlowcreteMKTG View Post
        Hi David,

Thank you for bringing this issue to the attention of Flowcrete Americas.

Flowcrete's New South Wales Sales Manager, Tony Di Girolamo, has been notified of this issue and will email you to address your concerns.

Thank you,
        Flowcrete Americas
        amerweb@flowcrete.com
        Thanks - Tony has reached out and been of great assistance

Best regards
        David

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cascade Floors View Post
          Feel free to call or email me. Would love to lend a hand. We travel all over fixing and installing floors.

Wouldn't mind at all.

CHEERS

Chris Klein 541-510-1080 cell
          chris@cascadefloors.com
          Thanks but I'm in Australia

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X