Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a few 10l, short kegs, no rubber.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a few 10l, short kegs, no rubber.

I built this recently:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-12-16 005 Keggeratern.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	194949

It's a kerosene/gasoline burning lantern, based on Coleman parts. I intended it to be a one-off, but now I'm getting some offers to buy one which are kind of hard to pass up. Unfortunately, I can't find another keg like this. This one had been knocking around the brewery for many years, 'til I talked the boss out of it.

Another view, where you can see the filler stem and cap--the stem from a Perlick SS keg coupler, with a winged beer nut for a cap.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-12-03 032 Keggerator.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	194950

Anyone know where I could buy two or three?
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Dude, you're amazing.

I recently saw that Gopher kegs has 10l kegs, but they seem narrower and taller than the one you have. And, unfortunately, they're new. But maybe they have some returns/dented/bad spears?

This is the first time I've seen 10l kegs since my Dad use to buy Falstaff in those 10l aluminum kegs back in the '60's.

Regards,
    Mike Sharp

Comment

Thanks, Mike. I did look at those, but, as you say, they're taller and thinner, thus less stable.

New kegs are fine for the prices I've been offered, but the only place I've found them is Alibaba, by the container-load. I don't need that many!
      Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
      Terminal Gravity Brewing,
      Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Working...
      X