Brite Tank Sight Glass Tubing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brite Tank Sight Glass Tubing

Any recommendations on what type of hosing is best to use for a sight glass in a brite tank to hold up to CIP chems/heat? Typical beverage line only state 120*F max, so I'm hesitant to use that.

Thanks,

Brian Quinn
    Head Brewer
    Printer's Ale Manufacturing Co.
    Carrollton, GA

3/8" vinyl draft line hose is typical. It is inexpensive, so replacing it at regular intervals is a good idea.
    some tanks have a compression fitting for a glass tube.

Comment

I use this https://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/123/125/=179s20y. It's a little more expensive but I don't have to worry about running my 185F HLT water through it.

Comment

Borosilicate glass is very common for sight glasses in the food industry because it handles chemicals and temperatures very well.

Comment

It's generally very difficult to figure out a way to fully CIP a sight glass. Be sure you have valves top and bottom, and some kind of QR fittings, like TC flanges. Close the valves, remove the tubing, CIP it separately. This also allow you to use a lower-temperature rated tubing for your sight glass.
          Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
          Terminal Gravity Brewing,
          Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

braided hose, food grade. high temp and high pressure rated. although i'd second what tim says above, easier to pull the tubing off and clean it separately.

Comment

Working...
            X