Another trench drain question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another trench drain question.

I've seen trench drains that come in short sections. There's a manufacturer that has arrows on them for flow direction. I'm just wondering, does the floor that they are installed in need to be angled for proper drainage or is the drainage built into the units? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Also any suggested manufactures or distributors.
    Thanks!

Built in.

Sections are numbered so you put them together right. There's a lot of manufacturers out there. I've used ACO in US with good luck. Google it and tons of installation instructions are available. Good luck.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Originally posted by STBC View Post
      I've seen trench drains that come in short sections. There's a manufacturer that has arrows on them for flow direction. I'm just wondering, does the floor that they are installed in need to be angled for proper drainage or is the drainage built into the units? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Also any suggested manufactures or distributors.
      Thanks!
      There needs to be a slope in the floor to the drain - 3/16" per foot is a good start. But you will put the sections together in the correct numbered order, and level the top of the trench drain. The sections are numbered so the slope in the drain is preset.

I have done several of these drains and it's not too difficult. First, demo all the old concrete and plan out your drain locations. Set the drains so that you have a drop of 3/16" per foot from the high point of the new concrete to the trench drain. The sections usually glue together, and if you mix up a bag of quickrete to form a pad under each joint, it helps keep it all together when you pour the rest of the concrete. Have your plumbers come in once you have set the drains and run their pipes. Then pour the concrete. If you tape over the trench drain grates and put them in place in the drains, it will keep concrete out and also help keep the drains aligned. Don't let the concrete contractors step on the trench drains when pouring.
      Linus Hall
      Yazoo Brewing
      Nashville, TN
      www.yazoobrew.com

Comment

Drain contact

If you can shoot me an email I can cc you in with a manufacturer Rep for Aco drains.

Chris@cascadefloors.com
        Chris Klein
        Cell 541-510-1080
        Office (503) 769-6823
        WWW.CASCADEFLOORS.COM
        chris@cascadefloors.com

Comment

Working...
        X