Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	194990Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	194990
    Last edited by NCHIKER; 05-02-2017, 08:17 PM.

Im thinking about buying this kettle and use as a boil kettle. it is double linded, was used in a ice cream plant. can get it for around $1000. i'm in NC , tell me problems, all of them, any of them.

Thank you.

G

Comment

Originally posted by NCHIKER View Post
      Im thinking about buying this kettle and use as a boil kettle. it is double linded, was used in a ice cream plant. can get it for around $1000. i'm in NC , tell me problems, all of them, any of them.

Thank you.

G
      As a boil kettle, how would you heat it? Seems more suited as a mash tun, albeit with a lot of work to shovel out spent grains, and probably a lot of trouble to mash in by hand. It looks like it's capacity is about 1/2 bbl per inch, so if it's around 40 inches high on the inside, that's a capacity of about 20 bbls, I guess. Seems too large to mash in by hand, but I don't really know. I really doubt you'd be able to boil in it. A direct fire burner would be...challenging. Any jackets are probably for chilling, not for steam.

It looks like there's a big divot in the middle of the bottom. Is it sound?

Regards,
      Mike Sharp

Comment

yes

it is steam jacketed, i think you would pipe a boiler to it.

Comment

Just as well the beehives didn't have my bees in them - you wouldn't have had steady hands to take photos!!
          dick

Comment

Working...
          X