DIY Keg Collar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Keg Collar

I am looking to print my own keg collars for distribution but I don't have an efficient way to cut the hole for fitting the collar on the keg. Has anybody printed their own? Is there something on the market to punch the hole? Thanks for the help!

Originally posted by NathanSPhillips View Post
    I am looking to print my own keg collars for distribution but I don't have an efficient way to cut the hole for fitting the collar on the keg. Has anybody printed their own? Is there something on the market to punch the hole? Thanks for the help!
    I print mine at my local copy shop and "cut out the hole" by making scissors cuts across it. I can do several at a time, goes pretty quick, and the cost is pennies.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0554.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	191411

My two cents (Hey! Enough for a keg collar!)
    Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Ttb

Will the TTB approve a generic collar as shown ?

s

Comment

Originally posted by murmsk View Post
        Will the TTB approve a generic collar as shown ?

s
        No they won't. You need to fill in your brewery name, address, beer name(s), & keg volume(s). This is considered to be the kegs label so the info on it must be unique for whatever beer you put into said keg.
        On my keg collar, I have all of my beer names with check boxes next to each one. Ditto for my two keg sizes. I did this so I just need one keg collar printed and I manually mark what the beer is and the size.

Prost!
        Dave
        Glacier Brewing Company
        406-883-2595
        info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

To the op I just use a circle cutter I got off amazon for about $15. Print with a center mark to guide off of.Works great for me. We printed with card stock and laminated some and are able to reuse some of them if they don't get too wet near the cuts.

Comment

Working...
          X