Thread: any written plolicy w/distributors about freshness/rotation

any written plolicy w/distributors about freshness/rotation

I was wondering if any other breweries have written policy with distributors regarding rotation of stock in on/off premise stores. We have been doing inspections of displays and even at our distributors warehouses and checking dates on cans and kegs. We have found some 8 month old stock on display on end caps and in other various area. I was curious how others have dealt with this and if it has been successful
    Mike Eme
    Brewmaster
    Cheboygan Brewery
    Cheboygan Michigan

Quality and Freshness

Hi Beerguy,
    As the retail shelves become more crowded, freshness is becoming a bigger issue. Did you include freshness and quality language in your wholesaler agreement? If not, you can still supply the wholesaler with a freshness and product rotation policy. The bigger issue may be your supply chain process (sales projections, production planning, inventory on hand and sell-through). We can help you look at your supply chain process to ensure you are producing at a rate that matches demand. The best cure for freshness issues is either better production planning and inventory management, or even better, increased sales.

Feel free to give me a call at 636-209-1807 or e-mail me at gprindyjr@gprindy.com.

Gary
    Gary Prindiville Jr.
    CEO Prindiville & Associates, LLC & TTB Helper, LLC
    You make the beer, we'll take care of the paperwork.
    www.gprindy.com
    www.ttbhelper.com
    636-209-1807
    gprindyjr@gprindy.com