Redhook Brewery in Woodinville to be sold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redhook Brewery in Woodinville to be sold

I saw in the paper this morning that the Craft Brewer's Alliance is planning on selling their 220,000 bbl/yr brewery in Woodinville. The plant itself, not the brand.

Regards,
    Mike Sharp

Redhook

Originally posted by rdcpro View Post
    I saw in the paper this morning that the Craft Brewer's Alliance is planning on selling their 220,000 bbl/yr brewery in Woodinville. The plant itself, not the brand.

Regards,
    Mike Sharp
    Sad to see how far down Redhook has fallen. Back in the 1980's-1990's they were such a successful brand and built that awesome Woodenville brewery to keep up with demand. I remember when Redhook was very popular and if you wanted a craft beer you ordered a Redhook. Now it seems few people getting into drinking craft beer has even heard of Redhook. I respect what Redhook did back then with helping start the whole craft industry (they started in 1982) but I think they lost some direction starting with their sale to Anheuser Busch back in the mid 1990's. A trend still going on today.
    Last edited by Catfish002; 05-04-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Pyramid too. Snow Cap was my jam back in the day! The Old Guard of Seattle lost the way somewhere in the early 00's and a flood of new brewers pushed them aside.
      Russell Everett
      Co-Founder / Head Brewer
      Bainbridge Island Brewing
      Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Bainbridge View Post
        Pyramid too. Snow Cap was my jam back in the day! The Old Guard of Seattle lost the way somewhere in the early 00's and a flood of new brewers pushed them aside.
        Yes, definitely Pyramid too! Kinda miss the early days of craft beer...back when a balanced "Amber Ale" was mind blowing.
        Last edited by Catfish002; 05-04-2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Catfish002 View Post
          Yes, definitely Pyramid too! Kinda miss the early days of craft beer...back when a balanced "Amber Ale" was mind blowing.
          As a past brewer at both Redhook when it was in Fremont, and a founding brewer of the 1st Ave S and Royal Brougham Seattle Pyramid Brewing plant (opened as HART Brewing, before going public and changing its name in around 1993), I couldn't agree more. These two breweries both had everything going for them, and could be the industry leaders they once were if they hadn't become businessmen first and brewers second. It's a good lesson to remember.

Jason Parker
          Copperworks Distilling Co.

Comment

Working...
          X