Brewer/Assistant Brewer - Portland, Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewer/Assistant Brewer - Portland, Oregon

To those working through these forums, hello! My name is Alex Rosenberg. I'm a 22 year old Portland native working within the brewing industry here, most recently at Migration Brewing for the past year. Before working as an assistant brewer in Portland, I had attended the Olds College Brewmaster's Program in Alberta, Canada. The program was an intensive series of courses focusing on all aspects of brewing, including microbiology, chemistry, brewing practices and equipment usage, recipe development, etc. What set apart the program from others was the focus on practical experience. Students worked in the brewery once a week as a base level, brewing commercial batches on a 5bbl semi-automated steam brewhouse for distribution in the local area. In addition, two single bbl steam systems were available for students to pilot their own recipes.
    Overall, I have just over two years of experience in most aspects of day-to-day operations in a brewery, and a wide understanding of the processes at a mechanical and scientific level. I am proficient at brewing, cellaring, tank maintenance and cleaning, cell counting, etc. In addition, I've spent much of my time researching and practicing souring and barrel aging. Only requirements would be initial simple training on the nuances of your particular system, as I've acquired practical skills only on specific direct fire and steam jacketed systems. I'm still located in the Portland area, so work within the Portland Metro Area would be preferable, but I would be more than happy to hear about opportunities for work in and outside of Oregon as well. A commute never bothered me, and while I love the Portland area, the US brewing scene as a whole excites me. I have a reliable means of transportation both within and outside the Portland Metro Area, and would be more than glad to strike up correspondence with any interested breweries. I have a current resume and recommendations available, should an opportunity arise.
    Thank you for taking the time to read through my post. I hope to hear from all of you!
    -Alex
Working...
X