Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewer looking for work in Europe

Hi!

I am a Heriot Watt graduate of the Brewing and Distilling BSc course with years of experience working all over the planet, from craft brewing in rural Norway to making pilsener in Canada

My most recent role has been being the Head Brewer of a brewery in Estonia. This has involved brewing, training staff as well as ordering ingredients, logistics and all the the roles being a Head Brewer for a small company entails.

I am currently looking for a role in Europe (ideally) from July but would be able to start earlier if needed.

Attached is my resume. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like to talk.

Cheers,

Andrew Rathband

Andrew Rathband CV.pdf
    Last edited by Rathers; 05-08-2017, 04:25 AM.

Job in Peru if interested

Peru is not Europe but can be an interesting opportunity...

Send us your resume if interested. My email is juan@cerveceriadelvalle.com.

Below is our job posting.

Cervecería Del Valle Sagrado (Brewery of the Sacred Valley), located in the Sacred Valley of Peru, is seeking to fill its head brewer position by July 1, 2017. We are a small brewery and taproom producing roughly 8,000L and selling all our product in kegs. We strive to be a sustainable brewery distributing the majority of our product in the Cusco/Sacred Valley/Machu Picchu area with some product also being shipped to specialty accounts in Lima and Arequipa. The head brewer is directly responsible for brewing core recipes, developing seasonal recipes, following and creating established processes, and instilling a strong company culture. The brewery is equipped with a 5bbl system and 6 10bbl fermenters and 2 5bbl fermenters. We are starting a barrel aged program and also a sour program. The head brewer is a salaried position reporting to the general manager and is responsible for the management of all brewing operations. Cervecería Del Valle has been awarded the medals of Best Brewery in Peru 2016 and 2017 and has won 23 international medals in various competitions.

The primary duties, but not limited to, will include
    • Responsible for the entire brewing and quality control process from “grain to glass”, including scheduling, inventory, brewing, cellaring, QA/QC, and packaging/kegging operations
    • Execution of existing recipes and collaboration with the management team to develop new and unique beers.
    • Responsible for developing and maintaining production schedules and meeting targeted production metrics
    • Oversee a small brew team with diverse range of knowledge.
    • Ability and willingness to educate staff (bartenders, servers, production, cellar, etc.) on beer styles and craft beer culture
    • Continual effort to advance the beer program.
    • Perform and schedule equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs to minimize brewery down time.
    • Maintain a clean, safe and well organized facility.

The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:

• Minimum of 4 years experience in a production brewery or brewpub ideally in a lead or management position.
    • Moderate to advance Spanish.
    • Brewing diploma or education a must.
    • Ability to work independently, unsupervised long and irregular hours. You are the head brewer!
    • Problem-solver attitude and great attention to details.
    • Over the top passion for beer.
    • Extreme knowledge of beer styles.
    • Recipe formulation experience.
    • Knowledge of safety processes including hazardous materials.
    • Physical capability of routinely and repeatedly lifting 60 pounds and/or moving 165 pounds.
    • Elevated communication skills and ability to interact with the public.
    • Certified cicerone a plus.
    • Having lived in South America or abroad a plus.

Interested applicants please send their CV and cover letters to Juan@cerveceriadelvalle.com. We are looking to have someone in Cusco and ready to work ASAP. The plan is for the chosen brewer to have several weeks of work together with our current head brewer before being handed the reins.

Juan Mayorga
    General Manager and Founder
    Cerveceria del Valle Sagrado and Taproom

Comment

Working...
    X