Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking a foxx equipment 3/4 hp glycol chiller, anyone have feedback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking a foxx equipment 3/4 hp glycol chiller, anyone have feedback?

We are looking at the 3/4 hp chiller from foxx equipment. Would be used to chill 1 3bbl fermenter with a plan to add a few more. Anyone have experience with these? Tips on plumbing it? Thanks

At one brewery I worked at, I used one of those to chill 2 7bbl tanks. 3 tanks with it worked, but I really had to plan so I didn't strain the unit. My tip for plumbing would be to go to the supply house to get the correct glue, and thread sealant for the pipe you select, temperature and for glycol.

Here is a link for your plumbing.

The following article was originally published on April 24, 2014. It has been reviewed and updated as necessary by the ProBrewer editorial staff.  Other related resources on ProBrewer: Refrigeratio…

Comment

It's a Great little unit, I have one, from Foxx Equipment, but don't over work it, pretty simple to hook up, just use 1/2" hoses, insulate them, put a ball valve and quick disconnect fitting at end of each hose and full with mixed glycol your ready to go.

Gregg

Comment

• Thu Rein
        Thu Rein commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi,
        I was wondering if you use this glycol for a cold room too or is it just for the fv and brite tanks? Could you also show me the plumbing layout if you don't mind?

I am trying to put two of the foxx equipment 3/4 hp glycol chiller for three of 7 bbl fvs and two brite tanks. I was wondering if it was going to be the right size!

Thank you!
    Working...
    X