Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Licensing - Other Booze

Hi,

I am in the late planning stages for a brewpub in Colorado Springs and would love a little clarification on licensing rules in CO. We would prefer to license as manufacturer/wholesaler because we plan to move to distribution in the future, however, we would really like to serve wine from the taproom. Is this possible, or would I need a brewpub license? I really would prefer not to have to deal with the 15% rule, if possible.

If its NOT possible, and I do need a brewpub license, what options are there, if any, regarding distribution?

Obviously, I will speak to a lawyer before making any final decisions, but I'd like to be armed with as much knowledge as possible, even if it is secondhand.

Thanks,
    Robert

It's been awhile since I looked at Colorado licensing, but from what I remember you can't serve any outside alcohol at a taproom with a manufacturers/wholesalers license. Brewpub licenses do allow a full bar.

A brewpub license is nice because it contains a wholesalers/manufacturers license in it. So you can do whatever distribution you want through it.

But it's been a while so I would consult a lawyer about it.

Comment

Matt, thanks for the response. Good to know that distribution is allowed with the brewpub license. I'm sure there is some sort of fairly low BBL limit, but that isn't a huge concern.

Comment

In order to serve wine (or distilled spirits) in CO, you must have a brewpub license. You are allowed to distribute up to 60,000 bbls/yr. 15% of on premise sales must be from food, but that is easy to accomplish. Shoot me a pm if you need more info.

Cheers
        Chris
        Last edited by PPBC; 06-02-2017, 08:52 AM.
        Founder, Head Brewer
        Pikes Peak Brewing Co.
        Monument, CO

Comment

Working...
        X