California growler link to product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California growler link to product

How is everyone obscuring other breweries labels for filling customer owned growlers here in California? Any link to a good product (black cling film?)

Is this legally required in CA?

Our customers prize their brewery-labeled growlers, and certainly wouldn't want anything permanent.
    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

As ridiculous as it may seem (at least to me), I believe it is actually required to obscure the label from another brewer. Previously, you couldn't refill a growler from someone else.

I guess the reasoning is I might forget where I had that wonderful beer I just poured out of my growler.

Of course, compared to all the other insane ABC regulations out there, this one is pretty mundane.

Regards,
      Mike Sharp

Comment

In Norway we`re required to label the growlers with all of the same info that is required on bottles/cans. Name of beer, ABV, net volume, best before, contact info of the brewery and some other stuff. What we did was have our designers make a tag that contains all of this info that we can hook to the handle on our growlers. This way the customers have all of the info they could ever need.
        Marius Graff,
        Head Brewer, Graff Brygghus
        Tromsø, Norway

Comment

Amazon, they sell 5" or 6" wide black stretch wrap with a handle. Wrap the growler, apply stickers or hang tag. CCBA has a nice write up on this.

Comment

Originally posted by rdcpro View Post
            As ridiculous as it may seem (at least to me), I believe it is actually required to obscure the label from another brewer. Previously, you couldn't refill a growler from someone else.

I guess the reasoning is I might forget where I had that wonderful beer I just poured out of my growler.

Of course, compared to all the other insane ABC regulations out there, this one is pretty mundane.

Regards,
            Mike Sharp
            California views growlers as the same thing as bottles, so we have to put an approved label on it. Many other states see them as the feds do, a large glass of beer that is filled at the time of sale.

Comment

Michigan sees them as both

a large glass of beer that is filled at the time of sale.
              ...unless it is filled in advance, then they are treated as bottles. Most of us, therefore, do not fill in advance.

Comment

Working...
              X