Thread: Looking for a 2BBL+ system with fermenter

Looking for a 2BBL+ system with fermenter

I am looking for a 2BBL system or a little bigger with fermenter. Kind of on a budget

Still looking

Still looking at options

Cheapest option would be to build your own 2bbl (or larger) system out of variable capacity wine tanks. Just have a welder add ferrules for your electric elements. You can use the same type of tanks as fermenters. Either buy the jacketed style or build a temp controlled fermentation chamber with an A/C unit hooked up to a coolbot for crashing the temp down post fermentation.

Hi there!

We can likely help with your 2 bbl system - we offer both 2 bbl and 75 gal / 1.5 bbl systems that are very cost effective. If you can either send me an email, or reply to this message with your email, we can follow up and work with you to find a system that will hopefully fit your budget. We also have a lot of items in stock, if you need quick delivery.

Cheers,

John Watt
    Stout Tanks and Kettles, LLC
    Portland, Oregon

support@stouttanks.com
    503-372-9580

Psycho Brew

Check out our website www.psychobrew.com for options and pricing. Contact me for a formal quote. All of our equipment is made in house here in Michigan.

Cheers!
    Chris Breimayer
    Psycho Brew LLC
    chris@psychobrew.com

Where can I find wine tanks?

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish002 View Post
    Cheapest option would be to build your own 2bbl (or larger) system out of variable capacity wine tanks. Just have a welder add ferrules for your electric elements. You can use the same type of tanks as fermenters. Either buy the jacketed style or build a temp controlled fermentation chamber with an A/C unit hooked up to a coolbot for crashing the temp down post fermentation.

Quote Originally Posted by sn0x489 View Post
    This would make a good 2bbl electric brew kettle. 400 liter variable capacity flat bottom tank from Vinters Vault:
    http://www.thevintnervault.com/produ...ting-Tank.html

This 300 liter variable capacity flat bottom tank from Vinters Vault would be good for your 2bbl mash tun and/or hot liquor tank (or you can just use an on demand hot water heater as your "hot liquor tank" with a commercial chip to make it go up to 180F):
    http://www.thevintnervault.com/produ...ting-Tank.html

Tank stand from Vinters Vault:
    http://www.thevintnervault.com/produ...100-Liter.html

Have a local welder weld on tri clamp fitting for your electric elements.

Electric element supplier that can help buy the right elements for your system and help you with controls:
    http://www.ebrewsupply.com

At 2bbl size you can use these Chugger MAX Nano pumps for your pumping needs:
    https://www.brewershardware.com/Chug...ER-MAX-CI.html

This would make for a good 2bbl fermenter from St. Pats of Texas:
    Scroll down to the tank on wheels "W300" tank.
    http://www.stpats.com/index.htm

Add the 2" TC female adapter, CIP spray ball and 1.5" TC racking arm from St. Pats to the tank to create your blow off hose, CIP and racking set up:
    http://www.stpats.com/gindex.htm

Wheels these fermenters into an air conditioned room to maintain ale temps. Around 59F-61F. Then wheel them into your walk in cooler room/brite tank/serving tank room at around 36F-38F to crash the beer down temp wise for yeast to drop.

You can of course buy bigger wine tanks, more powerful elements, larger pumps etc. and build an even bigger brewery.
    Last edited by Catfish002; 05-31-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Follow up

Quote Originally Posted by sn0x489 View Post
    Your inbox is full and you cannot accept new messages so I'm posting my follow up to you here so you get it:

Also make sure whichever professional electric brewing supply company you go with for further help that you show them every piece of equipment you are thinking about using so that they can make sure it will be not only be compatible with their equipment but also SAFE to use. If any of the equipment you are looking at converting into brewing tanks is not safe or can't handle the weight do not use it. I recommend you show the company that you will work with moving forward ALL of the pieces of equipment you are thinking of using so that they can review it for safety. I strongly recommend that you do not purchase tanks or equipment (or use any equipment) until one of those professional brew supply companies AND professional electricians/code departments say it is safe and ok for electric brewing use.
    Last edited by Catfish002; 06-06-2017 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish002 View Post
    Your inbox is full and you cannot accept new messages so in posting it here:

Also make sure whichever professional electric brewing supply company you go with for further help that you show them every piece of equipment you are thinking about using so that they can make sure it will be not only be compatible with their equipment but also SAFE to use. If any of the equipment you are looking at converting into brewing tanks is not safe or can't handle the weight do not use it. I recommend you show the company that you will work with moving forward ALL of the pieces of equipment you are thinking of using so that they can review it for safety. I strongly recommend that you do not purchase tanks or equipment (or use any equipment) until one of those professional brew supply companies AND professional electricians/code departments say it is safe and ok for electric brewing use.
    I concur regarding the safety of the controls. We work closely with Brewmation, who builds industrial duty controls that are UL and cUL listed as an entity. (Vs. other suppliers that may sell UL listed components, which does not ensure safety of the system as a whole, or worse: components that are not UL listed either). We also provide built in GFCI protection.

We've never had a problem with under-powered heating elements/systems because we size them appropriately for the size of the brewing system. We've even made 15 bbl electric brewing systems, which have performed excellently.

Cheers,

John Watt
    Stout Tanks and Kettles, LLC
    Portland, OR
    stouttanks.com
    support@stouttanks.com
    503-372-9580