Floor drain cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor drain cost?

What should I expect to pay for a floor drain to be installed in our space? Thanks

What type of floor drain? Just a simple 1'x1' drain with a tie in to sewer? A trench drain; length, width, channel type, additional cutting for sewer tie in and exhaust/clean out?

As a simple reference, I did 35' cutting, with a 15' stainless channel and concrete poured back with a slope for $3600. Shop around, but don't half ass it, drainage is probably the most important part of a brewery's infrastructure.

Comment

Probably similar to what you did, who even does such a thing? Basic construction company? Plumbing company? Completely ignorant in this topic, thanks

Comment

Many contractors will do it. Any reputable plumbing company will be a good start. Get at least 3 quotes, if not more. There are different materials you can use for your channel but stainless will be your most sanitary and longest lasting. For a 15' drain and similar cutting distances, I would budget for $5,000 and hope for a contractor that can hook you up for less. If money is tight try to negotiate with a brewery membership, it's funny how people are willing to work for beer.
        Last edited by BroadWay411; 05-26-2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

The best method is to have the concrete molded into a trough drain with metal grates, next would be a metal trough with concrete sloped as mentioned above. The metal will cost you more but ultimately this is something that will haunt you if not done right.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Drainage so important

Top 5 Issues when you do not get drainage right:

1. Fruit flies
            2. Yeast build up
            3. Hops/solids clogging the drain
            4. Cleaning, getting rid of the smell.
            5. Insufficient floor slope.

We are members of the brewers association and have the right solution for the industry.

https://youtu.be/xNNbivpjLis you tube link of installation at Lewis and Clark Brewery in Montana.

www.slotdrainsystems.com for more info.
            Slot DrainĀ® is a one-piece, built-in sloped, open floor drain/surface drain system

info@slotdrainsystems.com
            https://www.slotdrainsystems.com/breweries
            (855) 497-7508

Comment

Working...
            X