Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What brand is this Plate and Frame Filter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What brand is this Plate and Frame Filter?

Can you help me determine what parts are missing? I assume the unit is about 10 years old. I know I'm short two butterfly valves, a sample port, and pressure gauges. There is an elbow that appears to be missing but am curious if there was any other function.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Todd Ashman
    FiftyFifty Brewing Co.
    Attached Files

I don't think that area that is missing is for an elbow. It is more like a tee with a spot for a pressure gauge and a sample port. As for your outlet. There should be a pressure gauge and sample port on that side as well. Most plate and frame filters I've seen have the outlet coming out from the top not the bottom like in this pic. The inlet normally goes in the bottom. It looks to me like you have a piece of equipment here that was robed for parts and somebody put it back together wrong. Private message me if you want pics of my set up.

Comment

It looks like the old generic filters that Bohemian Breweries sold. If I remember correctly the missing piece is a 90 that had a really cheap gauge on it. The one I used had no other gauges or sampling valve as I recall and it looked and worked as if someone had thrown it together as an afterthought.

Cheers,
      Scott
      Scott Isham
      Harper's Brewpub

Comment

Yep, it's a generic bohemian supplied unit, just missing the tee with the fitting for a pressure gauge. You also need two 1.5" butterflies for inlet/outlet. Lots of these out there still working fine, with a replacement guage though. I would try and adapt a sample valve at least on the outlet side and have a gauge on both sides. A good sanitary welding shop could easily modify a couple tees to suit for a lot less than a replacement filter.

Comment

I have the same filter and I was about to ask the same question. What a coincidence!

I need to replace the plates: are they standard to the industry? Is it what's called Noryl plates? I'm particuliary concerned about the end plates

Zb

Comment

That is the same filter that came with the purchase of our Bohemian, 1996 18Hl/15bbl system. I have not yet been able to source out gaskets for this unit, If anyone has information or extra gaskets please let me know. please email me: lancejergensen@juno.com. so I can send you pictures of our filter set up. My files are too large to copy over to this posting.
            lance@jergensenbrewing
            Reno, Nevada/ Adelanto, California

Comment

I ordered a bunch at my previous brewery and I believe they still have a few. Email me at ottospubandbrewery@comcast.net and I'll try and locate some.

Comment

if

If your going to have some welding done anyway i would add a themometer well on the exit so you can read the temp of your sanitizing water. At least I wish mine had one........
                Brewmaster, Minocqua Brewing Company
                tbriggs@minocquabrewingcompany.com
                "Your results may vary"

Comment

Working...
                X