No announcement yet.

No serving tanks in a brewery? Really?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No serving tanks in a brewery? Really?

So we are currently operating as a cmbp in Florida, we're a 150 seat brewpub. Our county has changed their zoning code and it looks like we can have a Brewery/taproom in our location instead which would allow growler fills, and the rest. Talked to the TTB today and was informed if we change our license we can no longer serve from our brite tanks, we have 4 10bbl jacketed brites in the brew area, serving 4 taps with beer pumps.

Is there a way around this rule, I thought many breweries served using brutes? Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the distinction is that a brewery can't serve directly from tax determination tanks. I know several breweries that have serving tanks, but they all fill a separate brite first and send some of the beer to the SV's and keg/package the rest. I'm not sure if that is the requirement or not though.
    Manuel

Comment

Our application just went through for our expansion, so I can comment on this from recent experience. Apparently it is now necessary to distinguish oneself as a brewpub if serving from a serving vessel. Even my license attorney was surprised. For us it was nothing more than checking the other box, but I'd still ask the TTB for more clarification regarding your particular issues. Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by mmussen View Post
        I think the distinction is that a brewery can't serve directly from tax determination tanks. I know several breweries that have serving tanks, but they all fill a separate brite first and send some of the beer to the SV's and keg/package the rest. I'm not sure if that is the requirement or not though.
        This is similar to what I have experienced/been told in the past, however I would suggest it may be possible to use your FV's as a tax determination tank. You will be taxed on some of your losses, but that may be a cheaper alternative (for smaller breweries) in the end. Don't take my word for it though, I am no lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by sharperbrewer View Post
          So we are currently operating as a cmbp in Florida, we're a 150 seat brewpub. Our county has changed their zoning code and it looks like we can have a Brewery/taproom in our location instead which would allow growler fills, and the rest. Talked to the TTB today and was informed if we change our license we can no longer serve from our brite tanks, we have 4 10bbl jacketed brites in the brew area, serving 4 taps with beer pumps.

Is there a way around this rule, I thought many breweries served using brutes? Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          There is lot of brewpubs serve from BBT, and it usually need a level meter and some flow meter at the outlet for government charge for tax.
          For more details,welcome to check www.brewerybeerequipment.com

Comment

Just change your Tax Determination vessels to your FVs

You can change the tax vessels. Just amend your brewers notice.

Comment

Working...
            X