Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Effect of fining agents on peanut butter powder.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effect of fining agents on peanut butter powder.

I did a 1bbl pilot batch of a peanut butter porter. Base beer was on point, but the peanut butter was fainter than I'd like. A few things. One, I used the powdered peanut butter (PBfit) as my adjunct at a rate of 72oz per barrel in the pilot batch. This will be upped to 74lbs in a 15bbl patch for the production run (a rate of 79oz per barrel). Two, I had trouble dissolving all of the powder on our pilot system. I am hoping this will be resolved on the production system with an extra long whirlpool step. I stripped all the peanut butter out of the first gallon or so on the pilot batch by trying to filter it with our small plate filter. It clogged the filter almost instantly with a thick layer of peanut butter. I'll fix this by simply not filtering the production batch. My question is this, do you think Biofine will have any effect on dissolved peanut butter such as causing it to drop out of the beer with other proteins? I did notice the yeast purge of the pilot system seemed to have peanut butter in it. I'm trying to ascertain whether I sure use any fining agents or the cold side at all. Thanks in advance for any and all insight you can provide.
Working...
X