Thread: New Years Beer

New Years Beer

I wonder how many of you guys actually make special brew for new years eve, and how is/would it be brewed then?

I would be thinking about a pale colored, high alcohol (8 %ABV) strong ale, primed with sugar, maybe some white grap juice added and fermed with the WLP565 or 3724 from wyeast at about 85 F and how about some spices to that?

any input appreciated..

My New Year's Toast has all toasted malts, a reasonable (not-so-DUI) 6%, and no spices or fruit. Special doesn't need wierd stuff. But your tastes may vary...

Quote Originally Posted by Øl-sheik
    I wonder how many of you guys actually make special brew for new years eve, and how is/would it be brewed then?

I would be thinking about a pale colored, high alcohol (8 %ABV) strong ale, primed with sugar, maybe some white grap juice added and fermed with the WLP565 or 3724 from wyeast at about 85 F and how about some spices to that?

any input appreciated..
    Yep, that is exactly what we made this year at Ølfabrikken: Pils-malt with a pinch of wheat mashed at 64 dec C, 8,5% ABV and 30 litres of natural white concentrated grape juice for 600 litres of ale (equivalent to approx. 240 litres of grapejuice) during fermentation. Heavily carbonated (10 gram sugar per litre) and packaged in 1½ litre champagne style bottles with No spices though.

-Christian

Champagne Braggot

I made a special batch of Braggot. Made with late summer heather honey and Pale Ale malt with a pinch of carared at 7% volume. Bottle conditioned in magnum bottles......
    Better that champagne.........
    Happy new year to all!!!

As we say in Sweden
    Skål!
    David Meadows