Raw Material inventory management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw Material inventory management

what are you guys doing for managing raw materials? looking for a way that my staff can have one digital source to manage all raw materials that I can look at and know when I need to reorder things. Is there an app? are you using a google docs spread sheet? What are you guys doing?

Josh

Depends on how much you want to spend on this kind of "management" application. We use a spreadsheet which is updated with every brew and delivery and tracks current inventory. Can be as simple or complex as you'd like to make it.

Comment

As above. For instance, for our bulk grain, we use an MS Excel spread sheet that we enter our delivered grain into. Our mashbills are also XL spreadsheets, and export the amounts of grain used to the inventory SS, where it is subtracted from the amount delivered for a running total. It works, almost all the time.
      Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
      Terminal Gravity Brewing,
      Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Same here. Simple spreadsheet that factors in quantity on hand based on what I've brewed and also figures in planned brews for an order quantity

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the replies....looks like spreadsheet it is.

Thanks guys!

Comment

We are using "Dolibarr", an open source ERP software. It handles inventory and much more.
            It can be integrated into POS systems, online purchasing, and can be used on a smart phone. There are many modules available to customize the software. It does require a bit of setup with MySQL and Php.

It's FREE...

Comment

Anyone have templates of those spreadsheets you would be willing to share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJugChris View Post
                Anyone have templates of those spreadsheets you would be willing to share?

I'll pull together a cleaned up version of ours with some notes. We use google sheets for ours so free and easy to access from multiple computers.

Comment

Originally posted by mswebb View Post
                  I'll pull together a cleaned up version of ours with some notes. We use google sheets for ours so free and easy to access from multiple computers.
                  Fantastic. Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by mswebb View Post
                    WOuld you mind sharing that with us as well? Thank yoU!

Comment

inventory templates?

I'd like to see your tracking spreadsheets as well.
                      Cheers

Comment

My spreadsheet is in Google Sheets which means it isn't easy to just upload here. I'm working on cleaning it up a little and adding some notes on intended use and then I'll save a snapshot of it and give folks access. Don't know an easy way without just sharing out to individual emails (which could get tedious fast).

It's really a simple spreadsheet with ingredients listed in the first column; starting inventory, brew days and deliveries in subsequent columns (grouped by section for incoming and outgoing). It's a simple matter to calculate total ingredient used or total ingredient delivered. It's also a simple matter to then calculate on hand inventory (starting inventory + delivered - used). I've thrown in some columns for physical counts as an auditing mechanism as well as a section for planning (enter what you need for a given recipe and how many times you'd like to brew it and it will compare that your on hand inventory).

It's a bit chaotic with several redundant columns but it works.

If anyone can point out a good way to share from Google, let me know.

Comment

We use BeerSmith for inventory tracking. They have a button to remove ingredients from inventory. Works well for us currently and we are a 3 bbl system and do double batches.

Comment

Would love to see a template as well - Google Sheets or Excel

Comment

Originally posted by mplante View Post
                              Would love to see a template as well - Google Sheets or Excel
                              need an email address so I can share the template with you

Comment

Working...
                              X