Thread: Tap Handle Manufacturers

Tap Handle Manufacturers

Wondering what tap handle manufacturers are out there with good pricing and short lead times. We are happy with the quality of our current Tap handles but they are expensive and take forever to manufacture. Our tap handles are about $27 per handle and take 12 weeks to manufacture from order and 50% deposit. Anyone know of any better options out there? Maybe this is the norm? The $27 per handle doesn't bother me as much as the 12 week lead time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a local guy make some for me, but there have been several threads here on probrewer that recommend Green Mountain Taps. http://greenmountaintaps.com/

Thread example:

http://discussions.probrewer.com/sho...ght=tap+handle

But maybe that's who you're already using.

Regards,
    Mike Sharp

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyPelican View Post
    Wondering what tap handle manufacturers are out there with good pricing and short lead times. We are happy with the quality of our current Tap handles but they are expensive and take forever to manufacture. Our tap handles are about $27 per handle and take 12 weeks to manufacture from order and 50% deposit. Anyone know of any better options out there? Maybe this is the norm? The $27 per handle doesn't bother me as much as the 12 week lead time.

Hi CrazyPelican,
    What type of material are you having your handles crafted from? I had similar issues years ago getting enough wooden handles to satisfy accounts during our busy season. Eventually, I teamed up with a local woodworker who manufactured a slew of tap heads for me (square tops for the beer label). I bought a new mini-lathe for a couple hundred bucks and began turning my own tap handle bodies out of birch. It was actually a pretty fun learning curve and gave me a satisfying hobby to blow off steam.
    Turning your own handles may not be for everyone but I found it to be not only an economical and logistically-pleasing option but my draft accounts loved having hand-crafted beers served via a hand-crafted tap handle.

Prost!
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    glacierbrewing@bresnan.net

"who said what now?"

Dave

Dave, That's a great idea & concept Hand Crafted Wood Taps, for Hand Crafted Beers, I like that, Awesome !!!! Nice

Gregg

Wish I had time to make our own! Unfortunately that's not an option. But thanks for the suggestions. We're gonna check out Green Mountain. I think "made in the USA" is key. I believe most of the 12 week lead time was from the overseas shipping. So if we can find "made in the USA" for less than $30 per handle we will be good to go!

Examples/

Can you throw a couple pics up here? And what size lathe machine?

Quote Originally Posted by GlacierBrewing View Post
    Hi CrazyPelican,
    What type of material are you having your handles crafted from? I had similar issues years ago getting enough wooden handles to satisfy accounts during our busy season. Eventually, I teamed up with a local woodworker who manufactured a slew of tap heads for me (square tops for the beer label). I bought a new mini-lathe for a couple hundred bucks and began turning my own tap handle bodies out of birch. It was actually a pretty fun learning curve and gave me a satisfying hobby to blow off steam.
    Turning your own handles may not be for everyone but I found it to be not only an economical and logistically-pleasing option but my draft accounts loved having hand-crafted beers served via a hand-crafted tap handle.

Prost!
    Dave