Tap Handle Manufacturers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tap Handle Manufacturers

Wondering what tap handle manufacturers are out there with good pricing and short lead times. We are happy with the quality of our current Tap handles but they are expensive and take forever to manufacture. Our tap handles are about $27 per handle and take 12 weeks to manufacture from order and 50% deposit. Anyone know of any better options out there? Maybe this is the norm? The $27 per handle doesn't bother me as much as the 12 week lead time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a local guy make some for me, but there have been several threads here on probrewer that recommend Green Mountain Taps. http://greenmountaintaps.com/

Thread example:

Ideas, questions and issues as it pertains to the marketing of beer. Do not post job opportunities here. post those in help wanted.

But maybe that's who you're already using.

Regards,
    Mike Sharp

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyPelican View Post
      Wondering what tap handle manufacturers are out there with good pricing and short lead times. We are happy with the quality of our current Tap handles but they are expensive and take forever to manufacture. Our tap handles are about $27 per handle and take 12 weeks to manufacture from order and 50% deposit. Anyone know of any better options out there? Maybe this is the norm? The $27 per handle doesn't bother me as much as the 12 week lead time.

Hi CrazyPelican,
      What type of material are you having your handles crafted from? I had similar issues years ago getting enough wooden handles to satisfy accounts during our busy season. Eventually, I teamed up with a local woodworker who manufactured a slew of tap heads for me (square tops for the beer label). I bought a new mini-lathe for a couple hundred bucks and began turning my own tap handle bodies out of birch. It was actually a pretty fun learning curve and gave me a satisfying hobby to blow off steam.
      Turning your own handles may not be for everyone but I found it to be not only an economical and logistically-pleasing option but my draft accounts loved having hand-crafted beers served via a hand-crafted tap handle.

Prost!
      Dave
      Glacier Brewing Company
      406-883-2595
      info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Dave

Dave, That's a great idea & concept Hand Crafted Wood Taps, for Hand Crafted Beers, I like that, Awesome !!!! Nice

Gregg

Comment

Wish I had time to make our own! Unfortunately that's not an option. But thanks for the suggestions. We're gonna check out Green Mountain. I think "made in the USA" is key. I believe most of the 12 week lead time was from the overseas shipping. So if we can find "made in the USA" for less than $30 per handle we will be good to go!

Comment

Examples/

Can you throw a couple pics up here? And what size lathe machine?

Originally posted by GlacierBrewing View Post
            Hi CrazyPelican,
            What type of material are you having your handles crafted from? I had similar issues years ago getting enough wooden handles to satisfy accounts during our busy season. Eventually, I teamed up with a local woodworker who manufactured a slew of tap heads for me (square tops for the beer label). I bought a new mini-lathe for a couple hundred bucks and began turning my own tap handle bodies out of birch. It was actually a pretty fun learning curve and gave me a satisfying hobby to blow off steam.
            Turning your own handles may not be for everyone but I found it to be not only an economical and logistically-pleasing option but my draft accounts loved having hand-crafted beers served via a hand-crafted tap handle.

Prost!
            Dave

Comment

Steel City Tap Co.

I have never purchased tap handles from them myself, but I have heard great things about Steel City Tap Co. out of Birmingham, AL. I have seen a lot of their work and they do a great job, just not sure on what the price point is.

Comment

Custom Beer Handles

Greetings from Custom Beer Handles!

We design & manufacture custom tap handles, signage, displays and specialized promo items for craft breweries.

Attached are examples of some tap handles we produce you may recognize.

Email me with project details so we can help improve your tap handle game!

Cheers,
                Jessica

Jessica Pezzotti
                Custom Beer Handles
                (904)887-8942
                Sales@custombeerhandles.com
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X