Head Brewer Opportunity - Growing Craft Brewery in Fort Collins, Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head Brewer Opportunity - Growing Craft Brewery in Fort Collins, Colorado

Head Brewer opportunity to join Horse & Dragon Brewing Company to lead production operations as we continue to expand.
    Horse & Dragon Brewing Company is a three-year-old craft brewery located in Fort Collins, CO. We produce high quality, great tasting craft beers and are active participants in the vibrant beer culture that exists in Fort Collins and throughout Colorado. We are looking for a creative, experienced head brewer to join us by or before September 1, 2017 and be a key player in our next phase of growth across Colorado.
    RESPONSIBILITIES:
    The Head Brewer will work with the Assistant Brewer and any additional hires to oversee all aspects of beer development and production for the company and will be responsible for making great tasting, quality
    beers on our 15 barrel system. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
    Brewing operations. Lead and manage the company efforts coordinating ingredients supply/inventory management, ingredient vendor contracts, brewing, quality control, cellaring, packaging and all brew house operations. You will be responsible for what happens in the brewery with our brewing team.
    Taste and Quality. The Head Brewer is responsible for scaling our existing stable of core brand recipes as well as working across the production process to ensure the highest quality beer offerings possible. Development of quality processes and upgrading lab analysis capability will be required.
    Recipe formulation. Lots of latitude to create tasty versions of multiple craft beer styles as well as working with the team to develop new, interesting craft beers to complement our established core brands.
    Packaging evolution. We expect the new Head Brewer to have experience working with bottling equipment and operations, to be able to undertake the commissioning and oversee the operation of our new bottling line, and to be able to lead and train others on our new packaging equipment. Experience with all forms of beer packaging equipment is a plus. [Facility with a wrench and ability to repair pumps are also a plus!]
    Communication. The Head Brewer will also be expected to work closely and communicate daily with the owners and head of sales and have regular interactions with the taproom team. The Head Brewer will also contribute to our ongoing company beer and sensory education programs.
    Community outreach. The Head Brewer is expected to participate in area festivals, forums and public relations activities on behalf of the company. The brewer will be part of our customer and consumer facing marketing plan to seed and grow our brands and spread the word about Horse & Dragon Brewing Company beers. The successful applicant should have a track record of being a proactive community member.
    QUALIFICATIONS:
    We require an experienced production craft brewer with the following qualifications to lead the brewing operations for the company:
    • Passionate about design, production, and sale of amazing beers and the ability to scale production while maintaining or improving quality. Formal recognition for your previous beers a plus.
    • Ability to work across styles and with various ingredients for recipe formulation.
    • Minimum 3 years experience working in a commercial brewery overseeing or working in multiple functions including: brewing, transferring, and cellaring, barrel-aging and blending beers a plus, packaging – kegging and bottling, quality control, ingredient ordering/materials inventory management, sensory training and analysis, lab analytics, and production planning.
    • Demonstrated ability to take on leadership responsibility for overseeing staff as well as all functions of the production facility.
    • Dedication to keeping the brewery a clean and productive working environment.
    • Must be a flexible contributor to our small team, must have a positive attitude, strong work ethic,
    and be willing to work outside of normal business hours when required.
    • Minimum bachelor’s degree required. Recognized brewing qualifications, certifications or other
    education preferred, although experience will substitute for formal degrees or certifications in brewing science.
    ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
    • Must be able to handle the rigors of working in a production brewery:
    o Able to lift 55 lbs and move 165 lbs.
    o Able to work on your feet for 8-12 hours per day.
    o Able to crouch, balance, work in tight spaces, climb and work on ladders, and handle
    sometimes repetitive and/or rigorous motions.
    o Able to work in damp and often noisy environments with hot liquids, chemicals, gasses,
    moving machinery, and airborne particles.
    o Able to be flexible to work non-standard work week.
    • Must have good time management and task scheduling skills.
    • Must be responsible enough to be self-directed and work effectively on your own as well as work
    collaboratively and positively with other team members.
    • Must have excellent interpersonal skills to work closely with a small team.
    POSTION DETAILS:
    • This is a full-time position and the Head Brewer will be part of the leadership team.
    • Compensation will be competitive and match experience and education of applicant.
    • Benefits include paid vacation, company healthcare program, matching Simple IRA retirement
    plan, company sponsored knowledge building and others.
    • Incentives – Annual Bonus Structure rewarding personal job success and company achievement of
    goals
    Horse & Dragon Brewing Company is an equal opportunity employer and encourages enthusiastic, talented brewers of all stripes to explore and pursue this interesting start-up opportunity in the Napa Valley of Beer: Colorado!

PROCESS:
    Interested parties who meet the above qualifications should send resume and any other relevant information to Tim at info@HorseAndDragonBrewing.com. You will be contacted within 7 days of receiving your information.

Head Brewer position.

I am interested in the Head brewer position offered by Horse & Dragon B.C. I am currently brewing in Tucson, AZ and have brewed in Colorado (Cortez) for Main Street Brewery. I would want to know your brewery size and expected production. I prefer to mail my resume to you if possible. Please send an address. I have 20 years professional brewing experience, U.C. Davis Brewing science graduate, brewery operations, recipe formulation, packaging/marketing, consulting/design. 2- GABF Gold medals, GABF & WBC judge. Thank you, John Ritter, (575) 640-1578.

Comment

Questions

Originally posted by Dogspitbrewer View Post
      I am interested in the Head brewer position offered by Horse & Dragon B.C. I am currently brewing in Tucson, AZ and have brewed in Colorado (Cortez) for Main Street Brewery. I would want to know your brewery size and expected production. I prefer to mail my resume to you if possible. Please send an address. I have 20 years professional brewing experience, U.C. Davis Brewing science graduate, brewery operations, recipe formulation, packaging/marketing, consulting/design. 2- GABF Gold medals, GABF & WBC judge. Thank you, John Ritter, (575) 640-1578.
      Hey John - Thanks for your interest. We have a 15 bbl brewhouse with 285 bbls of fermentation. 2016 volume was 1500 bbls, 2017 will be 2000 and we plan to continue measured growth to 4-5,000 as we expand geographically and package offerings. If still interested please mail your resume to 124 Racquette Drive, Fort Collins, CO 80524. Thanks! Cheers - Tim Cochran

Comment

Working...
      X