Recommendations on Rotary Canning Machines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations on Rotary Canning Machines

We are currently on a 7-head inline canning machine and are starting to look into getting something larger as our canning runs are getting longer and longer, so we need something with a higher output. Most of the companies I had researched before purchasing our current line a couple years ago don't do rotary style, so no clue who to start looking at. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Also interested

I'm also very interested in this topic. That said since CBC in DC I've been doing my homework and haven't found much good news. Initially I was very interested in the Palmer system because it was fairly quick and fairly affordable (My budget is/was around 300-500K). That said I've reached out to a few brewers in my area with rotary fillers and what I was told didn't give me the warm and fuzzies I had hoped for. In order for these guys to keep their DO low (sub 70PPB) they had to operate at around 60% of advertised speed (either 40cpm/60cpm depending on the line). At the same time I've been talking to other brewers around the country who are running newer inline fillers (I've currently got an ABE) and they're running full speed and getting the same DO and TPO as their much more expensive rotary filler cousins.

I also spoke with a brewery owner friend, full disclosure money doesn't seem to be an object for him, and he said he and their head brewer did a ton of research and decided the only way to get a quality rotary head that guarantees super low DO/TPO (5-10PPB) at optimal speed is to go with the big boys... Krones, etc. Boom there goes my budget.

So where I'm at right now is weighing out the cost factors. Spend $250k on a kick ass Goose and know I'm going to have, at best, acceptable DO/TPO but efficiency on canning day running 80CPM... Or Spend $500K on a similarly equipped rotary and meticulously monitor every little thing that might contribute to DO/TPO and run 60-70CPM and hope to be less than 50PPB. OR! Sell a kidney and still have to finance half the cost of a Krones.

Decisions, decisions...

If anyone has any more field data on DO/TPO for either rotary or inlines I'd love to hear what you all are seeing out there!

Comment

did you look at leiblinger?

Comment

I did not. Not sure I know anyone using.. Do you have any experience?

Comment

I have experience running Comac 8:1 and 24:4 rotary mechanical valve fillers, as well as a 30 head KHS flowmeter can filler. I'd be happy to talk to you about the experience I have had with TPO and oxygen pickup on these machines.

cheers,

Will Crosby

Comment

Working...
          X