Connecting a heat exchanger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting a heat exchanger?

Anyone know where to find the correct connection from a garden hose to a 1.5 TC for the water side of a heat exchanger? Any tips/tricks appreciated.

AC

Get a tri clamp 3/4" male npt adapter, then get a 3/4" female npt to ght fitting.

Cheers,

Rich DeLano
    rich@thebrewinglair.com

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hose_adapter.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	191448
      This is what I put together to do the job, based on the pieces I had around my shop. Brass piece is from the hardware store, garden hose fitting to 3/4" female fitting, then a stainless 3/4" to 3/4" male to male, then a stainless 3/4" female to 1.5" TC. You can get the stainless pieces from GW Kent or a similar supplier. I can hook up any TC hoses right to my faucets, and unscrew this to attach a garden style spray down hose to the faucet.

Comment

Originally posted by backslope View Post
        [ATTACH]50580[/ATTACH]
        This is what I put together to do the job, based on the pieces I had around my shop. Brass piece is from the hardware store, garden hose fitting to 3/4" female fitting, then a stainless 3/4" to 3/4" male to male, then a stainless 3/4" female to 1.5" TC. You can get the stainless pieces from GW Kent or a similar supplier. I can hook up any TC hoses right to my faucets, and unscrew this to attach a garden style spray down hose to the faucet.
        Thanks for the response. Any issues with a small opening on the TC side? It looks like the ones I've found only have a 1/2 inch opening which creates more pressure for the water hose side.

Comment

I haven't had any issues with water pressure or restriction, but my water pressure is pretty low, I'm probably not getting more than 6 gallons per minute from my faucet. But with that pressure I can knock out a 4bbl batch to 68 degrees F in about 25 minutes, and that works well for us.

Good luck.

Comment

I would suggest getting a 23 BMP thermometer cap:
            The 23BMP thermometer cap is made of stainless steel and available in a variety of sizes. To inquire about additional sizing options please contact us.

And pairing it with a brass NPT to garden hose adapter, which you can get from Home Depot or Lowe's.
            Your CPE Systems Team!
            CPE Systems Inc.
            800-668-2268
            CPEsystems.com
            Thinkpumps.com
            sales@cpesystems.com

Comment

1.5" TC to 3/4" garden hose adapter

Originally posted by aaroncalles View Post
              Anyone know where to find the correct connection from a garden hose to a 1.5 TC for the water side of a heat exchanger? Any tips/tricks appreciated.

AC

If this is what your looking for, Brewers Hardware has a 1.5" TC to 3/4" garden hose adapter in male & female.

Tri Clover Comaptible X Garden Hose Thread adapters.  Connects standard 3/4" Garden Hose thread to a 1"/1.5" Tri Clover Compatible flange.  CNC machined from a single piece of 304 stainless.

Comment

Working...
              X