Thread: WANTED - Small 2-stage heat exchanger for 1.5bbl nano brewery

WANTED - Small 2-stage heat exchanger for 1.5bbl nano brewery

Hello,

As the header says, I'm looking to buy a small 2-stage heat exchanger (water/glycol) suitable for a nano brewery with a 1.5 bbl knock out capacity.

I'll be brewing a lot of lager beers on this system, hence the desire for a two stage HX.

Any info on who may manufacture these smaller units would also be appreciated.

Thanks, and have a great day!
    Last edited by Tobrew; 07-23-2017 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Correction

for 40 gallons of wort use 2 plate chillers. a 2 stage frame HX sized for this seems overkill

Heat Exchanger

Oops, Should've made it clear that I'll be brewing a lot of lager beers on this system.

You're right, Bluedog, I've discovered that to have one made is very expensive, but I can only find smaller, single stage units on the market today, was hoping to be proven wrong.

Guess I'll be buying two!

I'll correct my post to include lager beers.

Cheers

You can still use plate chiller which = inexpensive. Run city water through the first one tuning flow so that return water to the HLT is 130-140 then glycol through the second one for the lagering temps. We ran 2 serially for a few batches @ 7bbls with no problems while we were waiting for a new HX.