Bur-R-Ez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bur-R-Ez

Im looking an alternative to Bru-R-Ez powdered brewery wash from another supplier and not PBW from Five Star.
    Any suggestions?

Originally posted by ModernLover View Post
    Im looking an alternative to Bru-R-Ez powdered brewery wash from another supplier and not PBW from Five Star.
    Any suggestions?
    I like Cell-R-Master better - but still Birko. What is wrong with the Bru-R-Eze and PBW??

Some insight on your issues might help a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernLover View Post
      Any suggestions?
      I would recommend using a CIP caustic in general combined with an oxidative additive in select applications. Bru-R-Ez and PBW are really home brew products gone commercial. They initially appeal to brewers because they are used to these products from homebrewing. However, for commercial brewing these products are rather expensive and the chemical mechanism is the same except you are starting with much less alkalinity using the so called "non-caustic" products.

They became somewhat popular in the mid 90's when many breweries still had copper clad brewhouses. This trend thankfully has gone away and most equipment today is 300 series stainless steel. Metasilicate in these products and the low alkalinity protected these soft metal surfaces. Otherwise there is really no justification for using them.

You can contact me directly at loeffler.dirk@loefflerchemical.com if you need specific product recommendations.

Cheers,

Dirk Loeffler
      Technical Director
      Loeffler Chemical Corporation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Loeffler Chemical Corporation
      (404) 629-0999
      800-769-5020 (US & Canada only)
      www.loefflerchemical.com

Comment

What he said...add some H2O2....His stuff works really good BTW - I Like the Lerapur 283.

I always had good results with Birko though as well, FWIW

Comment

Working...
        X