Inventory Mgmt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inventory Mgmt

If you were/are doing a start-up how would you project your monthly raw materials expense? Not knowing what'll be a big seller and not knowing how fast I'll go through anything, I'm not sure where to start. I'm putting all ingredients into a spreadhseet so I'll have a view of how many lbs/oz of each thing I'll ultimately need per batch, but do I just take an average batch cost and estimate how many batches I'll make per month? And how nitty gritty should I get with respect to recording the .25 bags of a malt left over after brewing batch 1 then attributing that .25 to the next batch since its inventory? Any help is appreciated.

Originally posted by seekingalpha View Post
    If you were/are doing a start-up how would you project your monthly raw materials expense? Not knowing what'll be a big seller and not knowing how fast I'll go through anything, I'm not sure where to start. I'm putting all ingredients into a spreadhseet so I'll have a view of how many lbs/oz of each thing I'll ultimately need per batch, but do I just take an average batch cost and estimate how many batches I'll make per month? And how nitty gritty should I get with respect to recording the .25 bags of a malt left over after brewing batch 1 then attributing that .25 to the next batch since its inventory? Any help is appreciated.
    Maybe a better question is how many weeks or months worth of ingredients should I plan to purchase at a time?

Comment

Unless you are in a remote area, I would think just in time deliveries are best. Unless you are only making one kind of beer, it would be difficult to estimate exactly what you will need based on growth.

Comment

Working...
      X